Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue goes straight to playlist radio or restarts a new queue when playlist is shuffled

Queue goes straight to playlist radio or restarts a new queue when playlist is shuffled

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10e

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I have noticed that lately, whenever I shuffle a playlist while connected to Bluetooth in my car via wireless adapter, the first song in the queue plays for several seconds before it automatically goes to the playlist radio when I have Autoplay on. I have also tried this with Autoplay off, but then it just completely reshuffles the playlist and starts on the first new song. It's been happening a lot since I updated the app to the latest version 3 days ago, and it more commonly happens when I am on mobile data. I have tried reinstalling and clearing the queue to no avail. I can try to replicate it if needed. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

3 Replies

Hey @slowwater8,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Good job on checking first whether or not a reinstall solves the issue, in most such cases it does. However, could give it another go with these steps and run a clean reinstall? These ones are more thorough. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If that doesn't fix things - could you ask a friend or family member to log in on your phone and see if the same issue comes up then as well? Also, does the same behavior happen when connected to another Bluetooth device, or do Autoplay and Shuffle function correctly there?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there! Thanks for the reply! Really appreciate it!

I've done what you said and did the clean reinstall. I hadn't touched it since then so I could test to see if it worked in the car later. When I did get to my car, I hooked it up to the Bluetooth, opened up Spotify and shuffled my usual playlist, and it instantly went to the playlist radio as mentioned before. So it seems it didn't work. I tested a few things out while I was out and about, like adding a song to the queue, which also led to the playlist radio issue a couple of days ago. The first time I did it, which was in the middle of the city where service was good, it proceeded as it should, going all the way through the queued song and then going back to the playlist queue. 

So I went a little out of town where the service wasn't as good and tried it again, and this time it first reset the playlist queue and then went to the radio. I did this a few more times with the same result. So I figure it possibly has to do with my mobile data service interrupting it or something?

I did also test it on another account on my phone with the same result as well. I also tested it with my Bluetooth earbuds and it works just fine there. 

So yeah, I experimented with the issue a bit and it seems to be something with the mobile data service interfering with it in some way while connected to a car's Bluetooth? It's a bit confusing, but I hope you understand the situation. Thanks again for the help!

Hey @slowwater8,

Thanks for trying these steps out and getting back to us. 

Good to hear you located the root of the issue in the particular mobile data service in use. In such cases it's always a good idea to check if you experience the same when connecting to another network too. This helps you find out if the issue is caused by your original network and if you need to troubleshoot it further. 

If you have any questions we're always one post away. 

Cheers! 

Suggested posts