Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue overridden and random songs added at the end of queue when casting to Google Devices

Queue overridden and random songs added at the end of queue when casting to Google Devices

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Oneplus6 And Google TV And Google home Mini

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Queue overridden and random songs added at the end of chosen album when casting to Google Devices.

STR

1. Play album on Android phone or Windows spotify app (I have autoplay and radio off at all time so I only want to hear the album I chose and nothing else)

2. See queue and notice it represents only the album

3. Change chosen device to either Google TV chromecast or google home mini or speaker group created via Google Home. OR start casting from any device to Google cast without playing on other devices

4. Notice the queue changes and adds random songs to the queue that are not removable from the queue.

This is extremely annoying to me as I don`t want to listen to anything other than the album I've chosen. 

3 Replies

I have the same issue since few days. I want the autoplay be able to be disable

New "feature" added a couple of weeks ago when they enable AutoPlay when using any device connect.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/AutoPlay-Option-to-toggle-Autoplay-on-off-across-all-dev...

Hey folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We can confirm that this is expected behavior. For more info, we suggest that you check the Top Answer of this thread. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts