Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Quick question: What are those two grey/green circular arrows for?

Solved!

Quick question: What are those two grey/green circular arrows for?

When you pull up the information on the song playing, there is the stop shuffle button, skip buttons, pause button, then on the right are two arrows forming a circle/rectangle with round corners.  When you touch them they go from grey to green, but what do they do?  Anyone know?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The two circulating arrows when in green repeat a whole playlist. With the little 1, repeats just that song.

the cross-ver arrows when green shuffle the playlist.

when any of these are in grey, they are inactive.

qw3rt33

View solution in original post

3 Replies

if they go repeat they'll keep replaying the playlist. if it has a 1 in the top right on the arrows if will continue replaying the current song over and over again

Thank you for that answer!  I've searched (typed my question in the search bar a million ways) the entire "Help" section and "Troubleshooting" sections on spotify.com and I cannot find ANY reference to what the arrows (and Shuffle arrows) mean!  I had songs (from a Spotify Recommended playlist) repeating like crazy.  I finally deleted that playlist in hopes they would go away.  The video tutorials are helpful on several other features but I can't believe Spotify doesn't explain ANYWHERE on their website that I can find, what all those darn arrows are for.  I'll admit I'm an old fart but it would be helpful if Spotify explained every feature on their website. 

Marked as solution

The two circulating arrows when in green repeat a whole playlist. With the little 1, repeats just that song.

the cross-ver arrows when green shuffle the playlist.

when any of these are in grey, they are inactive.

qw3rt33

Suggested posts