Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio function of the playlist gone

Solved!

Radio function of the playlist gone

With the latest update on Android 9 I noticed that the possibility of having a radio starting from a playlist has disappeared, in general I have noticed that Spotify over the years is moving further away from this function which is one of the most interesting, it is also true that Spotify offers many different playlists and compensates for this a little but I have always found the radios interesting, I have noticed for example that when you go to the radio of a song it is now nothing more than a playlist created specifically from that song and not plus an infinite streaming that years ago I remember that you could also customize it by liking or dislike the songs that the radio offered you.

I also noticed a bug when you are viewing an album and the app asks you if you want to go and listen to the radio of the album which is actually nothing more than the artist's radio.

I hope that this function will begin to be re-evaluated, which in my opinion was the real advantage over competitors, now I honestly don't know if this advantage still persists or not, I should investigate.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts in this thread.

We currently have an ongoing issue about this. You can leave your information that's required in there and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @Unvers,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

You should still be able to start a playlist radio using the steps here. Keep in mind that more songs will load as you listen, so the radio shouldn't stop when you reach the last song. Once started, in the Now Playing view of a song you should be able to use the Like / Hide this song features.

If the radio doesn't work as expected, it's possible that some of the app files have gotten damaged and causing the app to malfunction. Let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried to reinstall as I was told but the radio function for playlists
continues to be gone while it remains for album, artist and song, I am
attaching screenshots for better understanding, it is in Italian but you
should understand that the radio icon it is absent when it used to be
about halfway.

Hmm, I’ll be happy To Help. 

I have Seen this Happen to users Sometimes I suggest logging in and out or Reinstalling the App. 🙂 It may not even Be your Fault make sure your Pressing the Right Buttons as Always if you need help Don’t hesitate To Reach out And you can Always Reach out to Spotify 

Spotify Support: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/

- Hey im trying to become a Rockstar I would appreciate it if you Liked This Post 😁 (If you like it) 

Have a Amazing Day. 

Hi @Unvers

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We couldn't see the screenshot you sent previously. Could you give it a try again? You can attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor, just make sure to exclude any personal info from it. 

On another note, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

Additionally, would you mind letting us know if this is only happening on your phone or on another device too?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

The radio playlist has been removed. For me also incomprehensible why Spotify radio functions are removed more and more.

Hi there folks,

Thanks for the replies.

Can you let us know the exact version of your Spotify apps ( Settings > About > Version) and when did you first notice this.

We need this info in order to report this issue 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the beta version 8.6.2.766. I miss the radio playlist option. It is still present on the Spotify desktop and web.

Hi @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you also let us know the exact make/model, operating system of the devices in which you're having this issue? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Motorola one Zoom - Android 10

Spotify Ver. 8.6.2.766

Hi, same issue here!

Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Android 10 

Spotify Version: 8.6.0.830

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts in this thread.

We currently have an ongoing issue about this. You can leave your information that's required in there and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts