Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random shuffle only, not able to advance to next song - problem with Android only

Solved!

Random shuffle only, not able to advance to next song - problem with Android only

On my desktop version of Spotify, I am able to advance to the next song. With my android version I am not. The only thing that shows up is "Random Shuffle" no option to skip to next song.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello blazeparson! The desktop version of Spotify is largely the same regardless of whether a user has a regular account or a premium subscription. They're not the same, of course, but when it comes to using them, they more or less are. This varies on the mobile version however, where regular accounts are unable to actively "chose" the music they listen to, but are instead locked into using a random shuffle.Certainly it wouldn't be good business practices for Spotify to offer the same features between paid and unpaid services; they need to entice people to upgrade somehow! I hope this answers your questions, and please don't hesitate if there's anything else you'd like to know. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello blazeparson! The desktop version of Spotify is largely the same regardless of whether a user has a regular account or a premium subscription. They're not the same, of course, but when it comes to using them, they more or less are. This varies on the mobile version however, where regular accounts are unable to actively "chose" the music they listen to, but are instead locked into using a random shuffle.Certainly it wouldn't be good business practices for Spotify to offer the same features between paid and unpaid services; they need to entice people to upgrade somehow! I hope this answers your questions, and please don't hesitate if there's anything else you'd like to know. 

Thanks for getting back to me about the "Random Shuffle" on the android version of Spotify. Yes, it would be more enticing to offer the same for android as for Windows. I'm wanting to upgrade on my PC, but now I hesitate.   Can you pass this request onto the "powers to be" ?   Blaze

Suggested posts