Country

Germany

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Global

Operating System

Android 10 + MIUI 12.0.2

Spotify App Version

My Question or Issue

Hello there, whenever I connect my phone to a car (doesn't matter which one, I've tried three cars from different brands, via Bluetooth and Android Auto), it auto plays the last song that has been played, as usual, and as it should. However, since about a week or so, the song that's playing after that is always "You Showed Me" from Echo In The Canyon, which is currently on #44 in my Liked Songs list, sorted by date added, with 1 being the most recent one (as it is by default). After that, it plays the song that comes after that, so currently song #45. 

To make it simpler to understand: no matter which song from 1-43 auto-resumes, the next one will always be "You Showed Me".

None of that changed when I added new songs, so it doesn't go to #44 by default, it actually goes to the specific song "You Showed Me". Don't get me wrong, I love that song, but I still want to hear all of the other songs from #1 - #43, too. 

I can resolve that issue manually by selecting the song that should have come next, which plays totally fine, as are all the others, so it doesn't seem like it is the songs that are causing the issue. I suspect some kind of very weird bug that loves "You Showed Me" is at work here.

Obviously I can't choose a song manually while driving, especially without Android Auto, and I don't think the app is meant to work like that, either.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @jang19,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

That's quite odd. Could you try and let us know if that also happens when connecting your phone to another Bluetooth device, like a speaker, or when using Connect?

Additionally, could you try removing that specific song from your Liked Songs to see what happens? Like it again afterwards to see if this behavior persists.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @jang19,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

That's quite odd. Could you try and let us know if that also happens when connecting your phone to another Bluetooth device, like a speaker, or when using Connect?

Additionally, could you try removing that specific song from your Liked Songs to see what happens? Like it again afterwards to see if this behavior persists.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi @CarlosE,

thank you for your quick response, I've spent some time trying it out with different BT headphones and speakers, and even a speaker system connected via connect (wifi). None of them showed the same issue, but that could be because they don't automatically resume playback unlike the car systems. 

Anyway, removing the song and liking it again helped in my case, it works as it should now.

Thank you,

Jan

Hey @jang19,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now.

Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts