Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Randomly stops sound while listening to downloaded tracks.

Randomly stops sound while listening to downloaded tracks.

The last few weeks spotify on my smartphone randomly stops playing whenever I've put on a downloaded playlist or album. The play/pause button however still shows the 'pause' button, like it does when playing a song, except the 'cursor' does not move forward in the timeline.

When it does that it doesn't help moving it manually to a previous or further point in the timeline. Actually, the only thing that helps is tapping/sliding to another or the same song. It is really, really anoying, especialy since I'm using Spotify alot when I'm driving. And we all know it isn't safe to use your phone while driving. It's driving me crazy.

I hope sincerely someone is able to help me or Spotify fixes this bug, 'cause I'm this far away (shows a creepy little distance between thumb and indexfinger) from asking Spotify my last months money back (at least) and boycotting it.

I'm using it on a Alcatel Idol 3, Android version 5.0.2

Sincerely,

Jeroen

1 Reply

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts