Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

offline problem - spotify 4.9 on android 6.0

just take a look at the videohttps://t.co/QRf7IlwrT3

• Regular
  • just take a look at the video https://t.co/QRf7IlwrT3
  • marccharby
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Language Filter

I play my Spotify in my office, where clients often come in. Is it possible to filter the Spotify playlists (I use mood and such, nothing custom) so that they are clean language? I don't expect the songs to bleep, but just skip songs with bad languag...

• Visitor
  • I play my Spotify in my office, where clients often come in. Is it possible to filter the Spotify playlists (I use mood and such, nothing custom) so that they are clean language? I don't expect the s...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • language
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify downloading over mobile network. BUG!

So this month my telstra bill is going to be an extra $20, because spotify decided to update my discover weekly playlist over mobile network. I was listening to the playlist and it began syncing to my phone on my home wifi, I left to go to the shops ...

• So this month my telstra bill is going to be an extra $20, because spotify decided to update my discover weekly playlist over mobile network.    I was listening to the playlist and it beg...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy S6 / Bluetooth / AVRCP & Metadata

Hi all, Does ANYONE have an S6 (or any other similar device) with Bluetooth Metadata and AVRCP working with Spotify? It used to work just fine with my Galaxy S4, but I was using AOSP ROMs with that. Since I got the S6 months ago, I have yet to see it...

• Music Fan
  • Hi all,   Does ANYONE have an S6 (or any other similar device) with Bluetooth Metadata and AVRCP working with Spotify? It used to work just fine with my Galaxy S4, but I was using AOSP ROMs wi...
  • Seanfrisbey
  • Music Fan
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Synching local files to Android

We use to be able to easily synch local files by just dropping them into a Playlist on the desktop app and then downloading them on the Android app. Worked perfect. Now when you do this the songs wont download. They just show as unavailable and graye...

• Casual Listener
  • We use to be able to easily synch local files by just dropping them into a Playlist on the desktop app and then downloading them on the Android app. Worked perfect. Now when you do this the songs won...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android local synch problem
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Next song not playing audio until pause then unpause.

Hello, Im using a Nexus 7 (2012) as an incar infotainment device. Ive been using spotify since I installed it 3-4 years ago. The last few months Ive been having a VERY annoying issue that hopefully there is a resolution for. No matter what Im listeni...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Im using a Nexus 7 (2012) as an incar infotainment device.  Ive been using spotify since I installed it 3-4 years ago.  The last few months Ive been having a VERY annoying i...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Menu button next to track should not start playing it

Next to the track there is a little menu button with 3 vertical dots. There are times I click very carefully on this but it still moves to start playing the track. That button DOES NOT MEAN PLAY. It is for a popup menu only, e.g. I want to remove the...

• Roadie
  • Next to the track there is a little menu button with 3 vertical dots.   There are times I click very carefully on this but it still moves to start playing the track.   That button DOES ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stop playing after one song.

Hi I've been having some problems with spotify. I have no problems with the first song, but it Spotify won't start playing the next song automaticly. I've been looking on these forums for an answer, but haven't been able to find one. I've tryed clear...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I've been having some problems with spotify. I have no problems with the first song, but it Spotify won't start playing the next song automaticly.  I've been looking on these for...
  • MyST3RiuM_X
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify and google now

Does google now shows spotify's cards? My moto g 2 don't have spotify's push notifications. I just got emails from it. Help?!

• Does google now shows spotify's cards? My moto g 2 don't have spotify's push notifications. I just got emails from it. Help?!
  • Samuel7
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Google Play store copyright issues

I don't know where else to post about this. There is no contact information for developers? I've spent the last month, full-time, building a playlist builder for Android... I have your bright green 'log in with Spotify' button. I have a very obvious ...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know where else to post about this. There is no contact information for developers?   I've spent the last month, full-time, building a playlist builder for Android...  I have your...
  • Samuel7
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify keeps wiping its offline music.

Hello, I'm using an HTC phone with an SD card and have been trying to save my Spotify music on the SD card. Unfortunately, Spotify keeps deleting my offline collection of music. Is there any way to resolve this issue? Without the offline feature, my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I'm using an HTC phone with an SD card and have been trying to save my Spotify music on the SD card.   Unfortunately, Spotify keeps deleting my offline collection of music. Is ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Songs" list won't load on mobile after i downloaded the playlist.

Hi!I'm having an issue with my Note 4 and the "Songs" playlist which songs are saved to after hitting the plus icon next to a song.It will not load at all on mobile(works fine on desktop) and i can't play music from it after i downloaded the playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I'm having an issue with my Note 4 and the "Songs" playlist which songs are saved to after hitting the plus icon next to a song. It will not load at all on mobile(works fine on desktop) and i c...
  • PERSIO
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Sony Xperia Save Spotify cache to SD card

Hi,I have recently purchased a Sony Xperia phone,But when i go to spotify storage settings and select save to SD card, it says "we couldn't move your data, there might be something wrong with your SD card, check permissions and try again". I have che...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have recently purchased a Sony Xperia phone, But when i go to spotify storage settings and select save to SD card,  it says "we couldn't move your data, there might be something wrong wi...
  • navaira
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Almacenamiento externo

Hola! Tengo un problema al intentar guardar los datos y canciones en la memoria externa, me dice que no esta disponible. He comprobado los permisos y creo que esta todo bien. Alguien puede ayudarme?Gracias!

• Hola! Tengo un problema al intentar guardar los datos y canciones en la memoria externa, me dice que no esta disponible. He comprobado los permisos y creo que esta todo bien. Alguien puede ayudarme? ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists

I have a 4G Android. My playlists, when in shuffle mode, won't play more than three songs in a row without stopping. I've logged out of Spotify and relogged in which cleared the same problem in the albums department. Tried that again but to no avail....

• I have a 4G Android. My playlists, when in shuffle mode, won't play more than three songs in a row without stopping. I've logged out of Spotify and relogged in which cleared the same problem in the a...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback device automatically switched from Echo to Bluetooth when skipping track using Android Wear

While listening on my Amazon Echo I discovered if I opened Spotify on my Note 4, I could then see the status and remote control the Echo using the media controller on my Sony Smartwatch 3(SWR50), which is very useful when I'm buzzing around the house...

• Casual Listener
  • While listening on my Amazon Echo I discovered if I opened Spotify on my Note 4, I could then see the status and remote control the Echo using the media controller on my Sony Smartwatch 3(S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Amazon Echo
    Android 5.1.1
    android wear
    Bluetooth problems
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback device switches automatically from Echo to Bluetooth when changing track using Android Wear

While listening on my Amazon Echo I discovered if I opened Spotify on my Note 4, I could then see the status and remote control the Echo using the media controller on my Sony Smartwatch 3(SWR50), which is very useful when I'm buzzing around the house...

• Casual Listener
  • While listening on my Amazon Echo I discovered if I opened Spotify on my Note 4, I could then see the status and remote control the Echo using the media controller on my Sony Smartwatch 3(S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music mutes when switching song with black screen.

Hello, I have been having trouble with my phone. When the screen is off the song will finish, then when switching to the next song the volume will be completely off. I will have to turn the screen back on, pause the song, then hit play starting the s...

• Hello,   I have been having trouble with my phone. When the screen is off the song will finish, then when switching to the next song the volume will be completely off. I will have to turn the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play Downloaded Music

I've been having issues playing downloaded items. Even though a playlist is marked as downloaded, and the tracks show that they are on the device, they will only play when connected to a network. To confirm, I've downloaded a playlist, then turned of...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having issues playing downloaded items. Even though a playlist is marked as downloaded, and the tracks show that they are on the device, they will only play when connected to a network. &n...
  • BitwiseOperator
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

static

Hi, im getting really loud static con top of the song. Im using it con android, and it has alzó happened with another android phone before. Its so loud i can barely hear the song. Its not the headphones because ive tried listening to something el se ...

• Hi, im getting really loud static con top of the song. Im using it con android, and it has alzó happened with another android phone before. Its so loud i can barely hear the song. Its not the headpho...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • distortion
    static
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes