Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Downloaded songs are in my storage, but Spotify won't show them

Re: Downloaded songs are in my storage, but Spotify won't show them

When i was premium, i had set loads of content to offline. Now that i am back to freemium, the offline content still takes up the space, but i can no longer use the online/offline switch to fix this problem. Problem. This happens even after uninstall / reinstall...whether on internal or SD card storage. PLEASE FIX or advise on steps!!!

Running on huawei honor 7, android 6, Spotify V. 8.4.4.810 armv7
4 Replies

Uninstall spotify then use a file manager to find and delete the folder /android/data/com.spotify.music after which you can reinstall spotify.

Hey thanks for the reply ! Unfortunately, as soon as Spotify is deleted, the mentioned directory is also deleted, so there is no way to manually do this. And thus, yes, the problem persists.

Then there's no way old downloads are taking up space since they would be in the com.spotify.music directory. You're maybe confused by the way spotify caches music you stream which does use storage space.

You're absolutely right: I'm confused!  Although as a user, an app shouldn't confuse you...I should also say that I couldn't, and shouldn't have to be concerned with how spotify caches music...

All I can say is that whenever I install Spotify after a clean deletion, it then downloads all the contents again (the one I chose to be accessible offline when I was premium).   That is an undeniable fact, and it is unecessarily taking up loads of the storage space I so intensely need for other things.

All I would need, would be to be able to turn those switches back off again.  However, because I no longer am premium, I can't simply do that.  

Additionally, because the list of cached media is not centralized anywhere in the app, meaning I have to remember among my hundreds of playlists the ones I have chosen to be accessible offline when I was premuim, I don't stand a chance to start solving this issue.

I have no other choice than to permantly delete spotify from my phone and go to the competition to see if they handle this better.

Thanks anyways for the replies !

Suggested posts