Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recover a song feom daily mix?

Solved!

Recover a song feom daily mix?

Was curious what the circle with line going through it did so I pressed it and it removed the song from Daily mix. It didn't have an option to recover it. Anyone know of a way?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify has responded in the ideas thread. Make sure to add your support there.

View solution in original post

35 Replies

Unfortunately not. The icon you pressed is to block a track and helps the daily mix customize itself to your taste. The heart is if you love something and it'll get added to your music as well as improving the daily mix suggestions.

Unless you can remember what the track was you won't be able to get it back.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hey, thanks for the response. I do remember the name of the song. If I could add them back to daily mix someway.

Hi. So you can't add it back into your daily mix - you can however add it into your library so at least it's saved.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

So there's no other way to recover a song? The ban button is in same spot as the old Add to Playlist submenu!
How about ability to restore Daily Mix to original list or see a history of tracks played?

I am having this same problem! Hoping we find a solution.

We need an "undo" button, or a "banned" list where we can see what we have banned and restore it if we want to. I accidentally blocked a whole artist in my daily mix and I didn't want to. We need this, please

same! so annoying! basically did the opposite of what i wanted to do. pleeassseee fix thissss!

I have the same problem. 

Spotify needs to fix this!!!

Yep, I did the same. By accident blocked 2 artists that I do like very much. The meaning of the button is unclear, and if you click it to see what the button does there's no way back. A way to unblock that artists would be great!

Exactly the same problem, need a fix!

I think I may have found a workaround? I queued the blocked song while listening to my daily mix and then pressed the heart button to favorite. Hopefully this will work.

Nice haha, gotta try this. Hope it works

Doesn't work, added songs are not considered as part of the daily mix and "heart" / "block" buttons are not available...

When I did this, Daily Mix told me it would never play Pink Floyd again.  Enough to make me switch to Apple Music, which will let me listen to Pink Floyd.

I wish Spotify let us know before BIG changes like change the "ADD TO PLAYLIST" to "REMOVE SONG" then I tough the bar runing meant to cancel my stupid decision to delete the song and instead DELETING THE ARTIST. How dumb is that? Please Spotify! 

This just happened to me and I am SO annoyed. I'd never heard the artist before and loved the song, and did the same thing all of you have done. Clicked it, thought clicking it again would
undo it, and now the artist is banned from my daily mix. Really really frustrating. Aside from all the added annoyances from not having my Facebook connected to it anymore and trying to keep all my music, Spotify is getting worse. And I'm paying for it. Going to stop if this kind of **bleep** keeps up.

i had the same problem spotify needs to fix this asap

Please fix it!!!! Got the same problem too

The direction is good, we needed a way to remove some stuff from recommendations, but the implementation is totally bad. We need a list to see all the blocked stuff and have a way to manage it, I just banned two tracks and atrists today since I didn't know what that button does and I have no way to revert it. One artist I really like, the other I don't even know so I cant remember who did I block.

We need a quick fix for the asap, this is a service breaking bug/"feature".

Suggested posts