Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Request; Bluetooth AVRCP profile "too old"

Request; Bluetooth AVRCP profile "too old"

Case:   I am streaming music from my Andriod device (Samsung S2) to my car stereo using Bluethooth.

My device is compatible with bluetooth AVRCP profile version 1.3 and so is my car stereo.

The nice thing with this profile, is that also artist name and song title is transfered so it can be shown in the cars infotainment display (radio panel).  I have a new Volvo V70 MY 2012 and this function works well.

Problem: When streaming music using the Spotify Andriod App, the artist name / song title information is not shown in the cars audio display, it seems that the Andriod app only supports old AVRCP profile version 1.0, this profile only have the basic functionality such as next or previous song track.

When testing the Spotify App for IPHONE, the desired function is workiing good, it seems that Bluetooth AVRCP profile 1.3 is integrated.

Why Spotify App for IOS is better than the Andriod App ???

Could someone developing the Andriod App take a look at this and impletent AVRCP profile 1.3 or 1.4 ??

3 Replies

I don't know if there is an idea open to suggest this. I'd first search the ideas section with few search words to see if there is an idea open that would suggest upgrading the profile. If there is no such idea, then create a new idea. Put the required info in the idea and make up a subject / title that would best describe the issue / idea.

Be sure to include all information you can

Hopefully others will dig it too and add Kudos. More Kudos idea gets - more likely it could be implemented in the future.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Hi thanks all, it works as well in my Volvo V70 My 2012 !!

Great!

I wonder, are the spotify app developers aware of the patch so it can be implemeted in the Google Play version of Spotify?

Regards, Mikael

Suggested posts