Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

S7 got hot and drained battery FAST

S7 got hot and drained battery FAST

Using Spotify yesterday my phone was hot and drained the battery in about 4 hours. It was connected to my Bluetooth speaker. I tried to go into the app and the screen stayed black but the music never stopped playing. I tried to close the app and while it disappeared from the list the music never stopped playing. I turned off the speaker and it just continued to play through the phone speaker. After rebooting my phone to kill the music my phone cooled down and the battery usage went back to normal. Tried Spotify again and the same thing happened.
4 Replies

Similar issue for me on S7. I just updated Spotify to 7.1.0.1025 on the weekend and after both my morning and evening commute the phone got very hot and Spotify would not respond. I restarted phone in the morning and Force Stopped the app in the afternoon to get it to stop.

Removing headphones, stoping on the widget, stopping on the app and closing the app did not work.

Your problem isn't Spotify's network. It is actually your cellphone. The samsung S7 have a big problem you should contact someone from samsung.co for more details.

Try wiping the cache partition. With your Galaxy S7 turned off, press and hold the Power, Home, and Volume Up buttons together until you see the Samsung logo and then release. This launches the S7’s Android system recovery mode. Tap the Volume Down button to scroll down the list of options and then select ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ by pressing the Power button.

No other app has caused a problem like this. It's isolated to Spotify. Maybe it's got to do with the phone but it's specific Spotify on this model.

Suggested posts