Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SD Card issue on Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 - Android 6.0.1. - Spotify 6.3.0.822 armV7

Solved!

SD Card issue on Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 - Android 6.0.1. - Spotify 6.3.0.822 armV7

Dear, 

I'm a Spotify user for manuy years now. From time to time I had issues with SD Cards - I always could solve these. Untill now ... I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 and SD Card problem which I cannot solve occurred. 

I have following configuration : Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 - Android 6.0.1. - Spotify 6.3.0.822 armV7.

My reformatted and new SD Card is recognized by my phone - I configured Spotify to store my music on the SD Card - I authorized Spotify in my Phone configuration to manage storage - I did a clean install and checked the Spotify cache & files on my SD (which are present there) - I tried so may things (solutions I found on this forum) but in vain 😞

What is happening : my music downloads (play lists) are correctly saved on my SD card. It's working perfectly untill my SD card is not recognized anymore in Spotify and downloads are dissapeared in Spotify (not possible anymore to play music offline - no indication anymore that playlists are available offline). The Spotify files are still on my SD Card but apparantly not accessable anymore by Spotify. Downloading again is the only solution. It' my impression that this is happening when I loose wifi connection and automatic reconnection afterwards when Spotify is playing.

I hope that my problem is explained clearly. I'm not that technical - so solutions such as editing in root - are not really my thing. 

Is this problem known and in case this is, would there by a step-by-step solution avalible somewhere ? Is this a Spotify, Android or Samsung problem ?? 

Thanks in advance for your great help. 

Stefan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's still not working. No reaction here. NO answer or any support from Spotify to help solving my problem. Shame on spotify 😔😔😔
The only solution left is switching to Deezer. No problems anymore with sd card. Works perfectly. Thanks Deezer tot solve my spotify problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Dear All, 

I can confirm that this is happening when I go offline and reconnect again. 

Stefan

Marked as solution

It's still not working. No reaction here. NO answer or any support from Spotify to help solving my problem. Shame on spotify 😔😔😔
The only solution left is switching to Deezer. No problems anymore with sd card. Works perfectly. Thanks Deezer tot solve my spotify problem.

I have the exactly issue!

After having this issue my self. And seeing that many others are having the same issue on many different phones. I'm convinced its purely 100% a Spotify issue.

That said. The fact Spotify refuses to put any notice up anywhere saying they know about the issue, and are working on a solution. Or even replying to people here. Tells me they only care about the $$$ they make... But not the service they supply. Also question their love for music... Because as a fan I would be working to get my app working for this well known issue so others who love music can enjoy the same.

Instead it is as if their policy is to put their heads in the sand and hope the issue goes away.

Correct me if I'm wrong Spotify... But you are showing us nothing to change this thought.

I'm looking for a new service. Took me 3 weeks to realize spotify is just a pile of trash. Maybe I'll try Deezer... Seems to actually work on androids. Funny how I've actually learning this from your help forums. Thanks goes out to the original poster for the wonderful solution.

I switched to Deezer to solve my problem. I marked this as " a best solution" and I received from Spotify a "congratulation badge" for providing this best solution 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Incredible , isn't it ?

Quit happy with Deezer now. 

Regards, Stefan

Suggested posts