Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy Ace: new version of spotify is not compatible with the device

Solved!

Samsung Galaxy Ace: new version of spotify is not compatible with the device

Hello World,

i got a problem with my ace. Since yesterday, when the new version of spotify was available, my ace won´t install the new one. It says that my device is not compatible for this version of spotify. Will there be a fix or do i have to buy a new cellphone?

181 Replies

Ahh so they have decided to stop supporting "older" devices.

I guess they are getting complacent with 10 million paid subscribers, while we as consumers still have alternatives.

Goodbye Spotify.

Isn't it convenient how Spotify was able to end support for users with older devices without a mention because of a supposed hack?

How hard would it have been to announce a date for the end of support for these devices? This would have allowed users time to find another device to keep using your service. Don't you care about keeping your customers?

I'll definitely be requesting a refund for my latest payment for Spotify Premium.

Subscription cancelled!

Infelizmente o spotify adotou a filosofia Microsoft, só use se tem $$$, mudou versão compre celular novo, vamos esperar que uma versão alternativa feita pela comunidade que rode em qualquer celular sem discriminação, ja estou procurando alternativas não oficiais..

Google Translate:

Unfortunately spotify Microsoft adopted the philosophy, only use if you have $ $ $, buy new mobile version has changed, we expect that an alternative version made by the community that runs on any cell without discrimination'm already looking unofficial alternatives ..

I use Samsung GT-S5360. Any chance I will get Spotify working on my device again or should I just throw in the towel and buy a new cellphone?

@Gusmanmegeriche wrote:

I use Samsung GT-S5360. Any chance I will get Spotify working on my device again or should I just throw in the towel and buy a new cellphone?

Sorry bro...according to Spotify and the list of ARMv6 cell phones, it will not work and they have no plans on making it work.  I'm in the same boat...My LG Optimus V has the same processor and we're all out of luck until we upgrade.

http://www.androidnova.org/list-of-armv5-armv6-and-armv7-devices/

Same here for galaxy ace. No more spotify on my mobile device.
Can we get a clear answer if spotify is going to fix this?

Any other solutions? De-installing latest update and going back to a previous version (which worked well) ??

@Gusmanmegeriche wrote:

You better go and look for other app!

Who the heck are going to nearest garbage with working phone and back with nearest store when Spotify is forcing people to get new phone or no app. Competitors, here we go!

I am having the exact same problem with my ZTE Blade. I am quite frankly shocked that they can just ban a whole load of users from using their services, with zero warning. Wasted subscription.

I pay for the advertised services, I am denied those services. Angry? Like hell I am.

The best part is, there's no way to tell before you've paid for the subscription! 

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/What-devices-does-Spotify-support

Thanks for the great support, Spotify!

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

Andrews32 wrote:

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/What-devices-does-Spotify-support

I think we all need to mark that bad boy as NOT HELPFULbecause according to that, my Android 2.3 phone should still work.

@Andrews32 I've told the community team about the outdated FAQ.

Posted using the Spotify Community app by Liam

Infelizmente tive que voltar para versão 1.0.0.82, sorte que tinha backup dos apk, por enquanto esta funcionando, ate quando ninguem sabe, o bom seria uma petição para que spotify tome uma posição, não temos obrigação de comprar um celular novo, estou procurando alternativas a versão oficial 

Google Translate

Unfortunately I had to go back to version 1.0.0.82, he had a backup of the apk for now is working, nobody knows until when the good would be a petition to spotify take a position, we have no obligation to purchase a new phone, I'm looking for alternative to the official version

Share that apk, please 🙂

@crazyfacka wrote:
Share that apk, please 🙂

Guys, I think this is a really bad move.  I think solutions like this one help Spotify continue this super bad policy against their own costumers.  Please get the real message which is only one:  They are ok if you leave.  They do not mind losing one or two thousand customers.  They got 10.000.000.

Deezer is almost identical and their mobile app is working perfectly.  I installed it yesterday.

There are also several other similar services for you to choose from.  The world does  not either begin or end with Spotify.  They caused this, they should have known better.

Thats fine.

Just please post the latest .apk that still supports ARMv5 and ARMv6 devices.

I just manually updated my spotify app, just to find out, there is no more way to make it work using Google's Play Store.

So if you'd be kind enough, just give us a link.

Otherwise we might be exposed to third party websites to download an extracted .apk, which could be injected with who knows what.

I need a solution soon!! 😞

You can find Android Spotify apk on the internet. PM me if you have problems.

Guide:

Click a link and download app package to your Android phone if you looking for link from phone or download it to your personal computer and transfer it to your phone memory card.

Download Android APK app from Spotify.com

Whenpackage in phone memory, click it once and wait for install messages.

Allow installations like prompted in message by OS outside of Market. Remember to remove this allowance after you done in same area of settings.

Click some time if needed before you see app installed.

Go to Spotify page in Market from Installed apps. Click and press Remove Auto Updates. Your app will never update. Enjoy your tunes.

But according to Spotify, using these versions will leave us at risk for hacking. Do we really want to recommend people use them? 

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

@Andrews32 wrote:

But according to Spotify, using these versions will leave us at risk for hacking. Do we really want to recommend people use them? 

Yeah, but if U look on Google, U can find also apps from 2011 and they are still working. Maybe some functions broken like feed.

I think it's better than to buy new phone or trip to nearest garbage...

Suggested posts