Premium

Country

New Zealand 

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10 +

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

If i set my Google alarm to spotify song or Playlist it won't play unless the app is already open.

Screenshot_20210213-154619_Clock.jpg
Screenshot_20210213-154606_Clock.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Duskfeline

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

Could you confirm if you still experience the same after running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your mobile device? This will remove corrupted data from previous installations and get you the latest app version. 

If you still experience this after a clean reinstall, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on the device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Duskfeline

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

Could you confirm if you still experience the same after running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your mobile device? This will remove corrupted data from previous installations and get you the latest app version. 

If you still experience this after a clean reinstall, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on the device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Yeah that fixed it thanks!

Hey @Duskfeline

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Great news! Give us a shout if you experience this again - we're always here to help.

Еnjoy your music! 

Suggested posts