Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Won't Turn Off

Solved!

Shuffle Won't Turn Off

I am a Spotify free user, and whenever I use the Spotify app in a playlist, there is no way to turn shuffle off. Is this something that happens to everyone, or is it just me?

63 Replies

I guess I didn't get through to get premium and upgrade I put money on my debit card and pay my phone bill yesterday? What's really going on??

I'm having same problem, did u ever receive a solution

Is it possible to disable Shuffle Play when using Spotify Unlimited?

I'm signed up for premium starting sept. 20. Right now I'm trying it for the 30 day free trial. Will the shuffle feature kick in when I go premium and start paying the monthly fee?

Will be removing my account and the app soon.

I recently found this out as well, the reason why it's like this is because Spotify wants you to by Premium. Which I might add is very disappointing to me, I loved this app until it made it this way. 

@enyiga wrote:

I am a Spotify free user, and whenever I use the Spotify app in a playlist, there is no way to turn shuffle off. Is this something that happens to everyone, or is it just me?

@Mus wrote:

That would be helpful if the android app had that screen. It doesn't.

premium user cant turn off comuter or I phone

What about on an iPad mini. In Free use, can we pick tunes and play albums in order?

Given up with the app and removed it from my phone. Will re-install when I can cancel shuffle. Dam
annoying, cannot see Spotify's logic it only seems to be upsetting potential customers. Needs fixing.

Major floor in an otherwise great app

Shuffle Won't Turn Off...I have a premium account, an andriod phone and when I click the cover image and it does not go to a "Now playing view" instead it's large version of the cover but no icons. Thoughts?

The solution is to NOT click the big green "Shuffle Play" button that is always beckoning at the top of the screen. There should be a list of songs that appears underneath the button when you pick a playlist, song list, album, etc. Click the name of the first song you want to hear on that list, and it should play straight through from there.

I am trying to turn off shuffle play on android - am premium user.  I read in this thread that if you click the first song in your playlist it should play straight through.  But I have pressed on the first song in a playlist a bunch of times and it won't play when i press the first song. The songs in this playlist, only two show as white, the others are greyed out. But these are uploaded from my personal ripped collection of tracks off audio cds. The only option is the big green shuffle play button.  Why can't premium users be able to turn off shuffle play in the options settings???

Marked as solution

Do as it says here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/COMPLETE-GUIDE-How-to-fix-most-Android-issues/td-p/914257

Read this item:

I'm premium but tracks only seem to be shuffling

3. The big green 'Shuffle' is different to shuffle on the 'Now Playing' screen as it uses a different algorithm. Open your 'Now Playing' (will be the track currently displayed an a banner at the bottom of the Spotify app) and check to see if the little crossing arrows are showing as green. If so, tap it to turn it off.

Hello, please help. I have an android & can't turn off shuffle. I am on my premium trail. I tried tapping into cover art on playlist to turn off through icon but there is no icon at all on the page. I scroll up & down, nothing. Please help.

so whats the point being able to make a list free, when shuffle is imposed rendering a list redunant? long before mobile apps to get shuffle was a premium option and generally cost 7.99 a month to have a way to change how you listen to your own private or public lists. as the app goes, it is on demand to even play a track.

How come you have to be premium member to turn off shuffle, that's really mean. 😫😫

When trying to turn off shuffle it says this is a premium feature 

It is a premium feature on mobile.

Spotify Free

Suggested posts