Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Won't Turn Off

Solved!

Shuffle Won't Turn Off

I am a Spotify free user, and whenever I use the Spotify app in a playlist, there is no way to turn shuffle off. Is this something that happens to everyone, or is it just me?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there.

In Free use on Mobile phone, shuffle can't be disabled. ツ

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Once you turn it off from the Now Playing screen, as long as you don't start playback anywhere using the big "Shuffle Play" buttons it should remain off.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

@Vehe - You can't turn shuffle off on Spotify Free on mobile devices I'm afraid. If you want on demand playback you need to upgrade to Premium.

Peter

Marked as solution

Do as it says here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/COMPLETE-GUIDE-How-to-fix-most-Android-issues/td-p/914257

Read this item:

I'm premium but tracks only seem to be shuffling

3. The big green 'Shuffle' is different to shuffle on the 'Now Playing' screen as it uses a different algorithm. Open your 'Now Playing' (will be the track currently displayed an a banner at the bottom of the Spotify app) and check to see if the little crossing arrows are showing as green. If so, tap it to turn it off.

63 Replies

Are you a free user or do you have a premium subscription?

Marked as solution

Hey there.

In Free use on Mobile phone, shuffle can't be disabled. ツ

Have a nice day!

I have premium and I still can't seem to be able to turn shuffle play off?

EDIT: got it working was signed in on the wrong account 

Thanks. How come they shuffle the music in for free users? Kind of annoying, if you ask me.

@enyiga wrote:

Thanks. How come they shuffle the music in for free users? Kind of annoying, if you ask me.

There is no shuffle in Free service on mobile. You can only shuffle with Free only on tablet or personal computer/laptop.

With Premium service you can do everything - also remove shuffle.

I can't turn shuffle off, i've tried the shuffle "button" by going to the "i" at the left hand top of the screen, but it's not doing the trick...could someone puhlease help?!!! thank you! i can't play any of my playlists without the shuffle option showing up and I really don't want it. 

@taara This is a thread for android but it sounds like you are using an iphone? Do you have a Premium subscription?

I have premium and I don't see any way to turn off shuffle play.   Is there a way to turn it off?  

In Android, click cover image and it will go to Now playing view. There you can turn off Shuffle.

Screenshot_2014-01-27-16-39-09[1].png

Clicked the crossed arrows.   Excellent.  Thanks.

@TheShop53 wrote:

Clicked the crossed arrows.   Excellent.  Thanks.

Hey there. I'm happy that it's solved!

Thank you for answering this question for Android.  : )

I use many of my playlists for meditation and if they "shuffle"...that is MOST unhelpful. : (

So now I can happily meditate again without having to constantly correct the order. : )

Glad to hear I helped 🙂

It's happiness for me.

Thanks for your help with this. I kept pressing the green Shuffle Play bar with no luck. Sometimes I like to shuffle, but sometimes I'm in the mood to listen to my music in the order I choose.

@hollyaw24 wrote:

Thanks for your help with this. I kept pressing the green Shuffle Play bar with no luck. Sometimes I like to shuffle, but sometimes I'm in the mood to listen to my music in the order I choose.

Do you have Spotify Premium? 

You can turn shuffle off from the Now Playing screen, however on-demand playback (non-shuffle) on mobile devices is a Premium only feature. 

Peter

I am using Spotify Premium for months now on my Android Tablet (Lenovo) and there are no **bleep**ing crossed arrows but a big Shuffle Button on top of the Playlist, i tried to push it long, short, several times but I still can not get rid of that shuffle...
Maybe you can give a hand!

WIf tablet size is 7" or more than 7", Spotify will recognise device as tablet. Otherwise it is phone.

Try to reinstall.

Hi. That big button is for quick access to shuffling a playlist but to turn shuffle off, you need to go to album cover view - tap the now playing bar at the bottom. The shuffle button is on that screen.

I have an iphone but that worked. Thanks hpguru!

Suggested posts