Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Casual Listener
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium member but some songs grayed out

I'm a premium family member but some songs in one of my playlists on my android phone are greyed out and won't play. Those same songs on my mac work just fine. I'm not on a trial version, I'm a paying customer, I've tried uninstalling and reinstallin...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a premium family member but some songs in one of my playlists on my android phone are greyed out and won't play.  Those same songs on my mac work just fine.  I'm not on a trial version,...
  • mbeuving
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The Spotify app won't let me log in even though my password is correct, and I can log in online.

Can anyone help me, I tried deleting the app and reinstalling many times, I've left a bad review on the app store, and I have asked Spotify and they have replied asking me to go here? Anyone?

• Can anyone help me, I tried deleting the app and reinstalling many times, I've left a bad review on the app store, and I have asked Spotify and they have replied asking me to go here? Anyone?
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New layout looks unpleasant

Ive been using spotify for quite a while now, and ive always really liked the old layout [being the one with the smaller album art and the generally smaller layout] Yesterday, I reinstalled the app on my phone and the entire layout had changed to thi...

• Ive been using spotify for quite a while now, and ive always really liked the old layout [being the one with the smaller album art and the generally smaller layout]    Yesterday, I reinst...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing browse and radio tabs

Ever since I updated to the latest version my browse and radio tabs have disappeared, has this happened to anyone else or anyone know how to fix it?

• Ever since I updated to the latest version my browse and radio tabs have disappeared, has this happened to anyone else or anyone know how to fix it? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Play doesn't shuffle songs every time

Every time I push Shuffle Play, it should randomize the playlist before playing the songs, so that it starts with different songs each time. For example, if I start Spotify with song #10 the first time, the next time it might start with #3, then with...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I push Shuffle Play, it should randomize the playlist before playing the songs, so that it starts with different songs each time.  For example, if I start Spotify with song #10 the fi...
  • niinaribena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Home and Radio Tab not working

Hello,Since i've changed my account from Free to Premium and updated the android application, I was no longer able to see the Home and Radio tab. I keep getting an error message that it was not able to perform that.Anyone knows why and how to fix it?...

• Hello, Since i've changed my account from Free to Premium and updated the android application, I was no longer able to see the Home and Radio tab. I keep getting an error message that it was not abl...
  • Guideal
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio: Downvoting stopped working. Red thumbs down?

As subject says, the ability to downvote a song I don't care much for stopped working just now. I Downvoted one song, worked great, then the thumbs down went red and thus not working any longer. I have certainly not over-used the feature. What is hap...

• Visitor
  • As subject says, the ability to downvote a song I don't care much for stopped working just now. I Downvoted one song, worked great, then the thumbs down went red and thus not working any longer. I ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wifi connection shuts down as soon as I use Spotify in online mode (streaming, downloading).

Hi everybody I use Spotify on my laptop, on my HTC one and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. On the laptop there is no problem at all. On the HTC one and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 the Wifi connection shuts down, as soon as I use Spotify in online mode (steaming)....

• Hi everybody   I use Spotify on my laptop, on my HTC one and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.   On the laptop there is no problem at all.    On the HTC one and the Samsung Galaxy...
  • mechaileh
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Android TV wont stay signed in

Every time I start up the Android TV version of Spotify I have to login. Anyone else having this issue?I'm on a Sony Bravia.

• Music Fan
  • Every time I start up the Android TV version of Spotify I have to login. Anyone else having this issue? I'm on a Sony Bravia.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android TV login issue
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

About the browse tab redesign

Hello Community, Me and a few friends of mine recently updated their Spotify Android app and saw a new redesign on the Browse tab.First of all I would like to tell that the removal of the icons on the categories and the divider deletion between conce...

• Composer
  • Hello Community,   Me and a few friends of mine recently updated their Spotify Android app and saw a new redesign on the Browse tab. First of all I would like to tell that the removal of the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Home, Radio and non-playlist songs unavailable.

Android version 7.0Phone model: Samsung S7 Spotify app version: 8.4.49.462 armV7Things tried already: clear data and cache. Log out, log back in non-facebook account (using the ten digit spotify name) changed password, logged back in via facebook. Re...

• Android version 7.0 Phone model: Samsung S7  Spotify app version: 8.4.49.462 armV7 Things tried already: clear data and cache. Log out, log back in non-facebook account (using the ten di...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist sorting options

Hello,My husband has the Samsung S8 and he is unable to sort any playlist on the spotify app. I have the Samsung S8+ and I am able to sort. Can anyone help me figure this out? We are on the same premium family plan.Thanks!

• Hello, My husband has the Samsung S8 and he is unable to sort any playlist on the spotify app. I have the Samsung S8+ and I am able to sort. Can anyone help me figure this out? We are on the sa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • filter
    Filter Missing Feature Do Not Update
    Filter songs
    sort playlist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify aign me out on offline mode...

HiSpotify sign me out randomly, when sign me out in offline mode i can't sign in. In this situation i have to delete app's data and re download all my offline songs. I'm tired download all my songs 2 times in week. What should I do?

• Hi Spotify sign me out randomly, when sign me out in offline mode i can't sign in. In this situation i have to delete app's data and re download all my offline songs. I'm tired download all my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution problème de connexion spotify android

Bonjour quand j'essaye de me connecté via facebook sur l'appli android, j'ai une erreur me disant connexion impossible veuillez réessayer plus tard.Alors que si je suis sur le site web je peux me connecter sans problème avec "connexion via facebook"

• Bonjour quand j'essaye de me connecté via facebook sur l'appli android, j'ai une erreur me disant connexion impossible veuillez réessayer plus tard. Alors que si je suis sur le site web je peux me c...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Download troubles

Ok so I have a few problems here, number one is that Spotify keeps removing the download on my music. Yes I've been online within 30 days, no I don't have too many devices registered for offline, I have one which is my phone. About 5times now I've re...

• Regular
  • Ok so I have a few problems here, number one is that Spotify keeps removing the download on my music. Yes I've been online within 30 days, no I don't have too many devices registered for offline, I h...
  • Douglaswilton
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Renewing subscription

Got a new debit card. Tried updating payment info, and it refuses to go through. I've tried both my credit cards and even tested my mom's card, nothing. Why won't it update my payment info?

• Got a new debit card. Tried updating payment info, and it refuses to go through. I've tried both my credit cards and even tested my mom's card, nothing. Why won't it update my payment info?
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Chinese ads while I live in Finland

Hi! Why do U have chinese ads when I live in Finland anyway to fix this by myself

• Hi! Why do U have chinese ads when I live in Finland anyway to fix this by myself
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't save music to SD card set as internal

Hi, I'm having this problem where I can't save my music to an SD card which is set as "internal storage". There isn't an option in the settings to save in SD card which is understandable, because the card is set to show as internal storage. But when ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm having this problem where I can't save my music to an SD card which is set as "internal storage". There isn't an option in the settings to save in SD card which is understandable, because the...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't move tracks to SD card

For some reason I can't move my downloaded tracks to the SD card. I used to have the downloaded tracks on this card, but after I dropped the phone and the screen crashed, the person at the shop where I had the phone fixed removed the card without swi...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason I can't move my downloaded tracks to the SD card. I used to have the downloaded tracks on this card, but after I dropped the phone and the screen crashed, the person at the shop where...
  • lelek-kozodój
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes