Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

I've had Spotify premium for a few years now and have collected countless hours of saved songs which were downloaded to my phone.

Recently I've been having issues where my phone will crash whilst using spotify (not necessarily actively using the app, maybe just listening to music).

The music will stop and my phone will either go completely unresponsive and I will have to restart or the phone will restart automatically immediately. 

When I open spotify after restarting I have been logged out and my whole music library is no longer downloaded. Everything is still there but it is not downloaded.

I have tried clearing my phone cache but the problem still occurs after a few hours.

Any thoughts on what the problem is and/or any possible solutions?

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @e7q-3gbuxm_w9.

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you're having trouble!

We know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you firstly try restarting your device for us? If that doesn't help, let's try a quick reinstall. Just follow the steps here.

With regards to your offline tunes getting removed when this happens, we'd also recommend checking out this article.

If the same thing's happening, let us know. We'll see what we can suggest! 🙂

Many kind thanks,

/M

Thanks for the response! I tried the reinstall and it seemed fine for about a day but the same thing occurs now and it doesnt appear to have fixed the problem unfortunately.

I think it happens less frequently now but it still makes my phone crash and my songs don't stay downloaded.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Hey @e7q-3gbuxm_w9.

Sorry to hear that the issue is back after reinstalling the app.

Just to confirm, do you power-cycle your phone often? If not, try completely turning it off and back on to see if it helps.

In case the issue continues, try using a different Spotify account on your device (it doesn't matter if it's Premium or Free) to see if it behaves the same.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts