Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify se cierra en samsung

Buenas! tengo un galaxy s6 edge y spotify me funciona solo si lo tengo abierto o en las aplicaciones recientes, si la cierro deja de reproducir. Conozco a varios usuarios de marcas como Huawei que si son capaces de cerrar la app sin que pare la repro...

• Buenas! tengo un galaxy s6 edge y spotify me funciona solo si lo tengo abierto o en las aplicaciones recientes, si la cierro deja de reproducir. Conozco a varios usuarios de marcas como Huawei que si...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Rearranging the homepage order?

Hello, my app recently updated and it rearranged the order of things on my Home page. Artists and playlist recommendations that I don't use often are at the top and I have to scroll a ways to get to my daily mixes and recently played. Is there a way ...

• Hello, my app recently updated and it rearranged the order of things on my Home page. Artists and playlist recommendations that I don't use often are at the top and I have to scroll a ways to get to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Unable to log in via Gear Fit2 Pro, AND NO SOUND coming from Spotify app.

So I just purchased a gear fit2 pro after reading I could finally download offline spotify music for my workouts.I managed to get it to work for about 4 minutes, but when I paired my bluetooth headset to actually listen, no sound was coming from the ...

• So I just purchased a gear fit2 pro after reading I could finally download offline spotify music for my workouts. I managed to get it to work for about 4 minutes, but when I paired my bluetooth he...
  • jsmithy
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to Link Spotify to OK Google

I have just set up the Sony XZ2 and trying to set up Google Assistant to play music by saying 'OK Google' but when I try to link my Spotify account, my screen goes blank and doesn't let me. I have deleted and reinstalled the App, and also tried it wi...

• I have just set up the Sony XZ2 and trying to set up Google Assistant to play music by saying 'OK Google' but when I try to link my Spotify account, my screen goes blank and doesn't let me.   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

S8 firestick on AVR Receiver, apps keeps turning off

so i use Spotify premium on my Denon AVR 1713 via a firestick attached to hdmi.I then start my music on the phone (S8) and connect to the stick, music starts playing on the receiver. then after some time 10-15minutes the app on the phone turns off an...

• Regular
  • so i use Spotify premium on my Denon AVR 1713 via a firestick attached to hdmi. I then start my music on the phone (S8) and connect to the stick, music starts playing on the receiver.   then ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • app crashing
    problem
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle not working free account android

For the past month or so, shuffle is not working. I have a ton of playlists, and I understand completely that the only way to listen to a playlist on a free account is in shuffle mode, with ads. I'm fine with this, its how I've been using spotify for...

• Casual Listener
  • For the past month or so, shuffle is not working.  I have a ton of playlists, and I understand completely that the only way to listen to a playlist on a free account is in shuffle mode, with ads...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

it alway says "the song is not available" after google assistant finds it

i sometime ask google assistant to find the song playing at my surrounding, and google finds it like the image above, but when i click the spotify link it always says "the song is not available" like the image below.despite that it says it is not ava...

• i sometime ask google assistant to find the song playing at my surrounding, and google finds it like the image above, but when i click the spotify link it always says "the song is not available" like...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problemas com a conexão

Estou online e mesmo assim aprece que estou offline, apenas na aba de Navegar e de pesquisa

• Estou online e mesmo assim aprece que estou offline, apenas na aba de Navegar e de pesquisa 
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Shows: We're not able to play this video in your current location

Hi, I really loved the new addition, the shows. But unfortunatelly I am not being able to use, every time I tap on any clip, I hit this error: We're not able to play this video in your current location! It is really strange, I am able to play songs a...

• Hi,   I really loved the new addition, the shows. But unfortunatelly I am not being able to use, every time I tap on any clip, I hit this error:   We're not able to play this video in y...
  • chronos280
  • 14 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 18 likes

Superuser Contribution Download Shut Down

Hey. So there are bunch of albums I cant download. I will search an album, click download, and the app just shuts down. I thought I had too many downloads maybe but that wasnt it, because I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, which deleted everythin...

• Hey.   So there are bunch of albums I cant download.  I will search an album, click download, and the app just shuts down.   I thought I had too many downloads maybe but that wasnt...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Memory issue

I can't download my music on SD card, there isn't any option on setting. How can resolve.

• I can't download my music on SD card, there isn't any option on setting. How can resolve.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Do you still have to shuffle if you get Premium?

If you have premium, do you still have to shuffle, or will it play songs in order?

• If you have premium, do you still have to shuffle, or will it play songs in order?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium member but some songs grayed out

I'm a premium family member but some songs in one of my playlists on my android phone are greyed out and won't play. Those same songs on my mac work just fine. I'm not on a trial version, I'm a paying customer, I've tried uninstalling and reinstallin...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a premium family member but some songs in one of my playlists on my android phone are greyed out and won't play.  Those same songs on my mac work just fine.  I'm not on a trial version,...
  • mbeuving
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The Spotify app won't let me log in even though my password is correct, and I can log in online.

Can anyone help me, I tried deleting the app and reinstalling many times, I've left a bad review on the app store, and I have asked Spotify and they have replied asking me to go here? Anyone?

• Can anyone help me, I tried deleting the app and reinstalling many times, I've left a bad review on the app store, and I have asked Spotify and they have replied asking me to go here? Anyone?
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New layout looks unpleasant

Ive been using spotify for quite a while now, and ive always really liked the old layout [being the one with the smaller album art and the generally smaller layout] Yesterday, I reinstalled the app on my phone and the entire layout had changed to thi...

• Ive been using spotify for quite a while now, and ive always really liked the old layout [being the one with the smaller album art and the generally smaller layout]    Yesterday, I reinst...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing browse and radio tabs

Ever since I updated to the latest version my browse and radio tabs have disappeared, has this happened to anyone else or anyone know how to fix it?

• Ever since I updated to the latest version my browse and radio tabs have disappeared, has this happened to anyone else or anyone know how to fix it? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Play doesn't shuffle songs every time

Every time I push Shuffle Play, it should randomize the playlist before playing the songs, so that it starts with different songs each time. For example, if I start Spotify with song #10 the first time, the next time it might start with #3, then with...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I push Shuffle Play, it should randomize the playlist before playing the songs, so that it starts with different songs each time.  For example, if I start Spotify with song #10 the fi...
  • niinaribena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Home and Radio Tab not working

Hello,Since i've changed my account from Free to Premium and updated the android application, I was no longer able to see the Home and Radio tab. I keep getting an error message that it was not able to perform that.Anyone knows why and how to fix it?...

• Hello, Since i've changed my account from Free to Premium and updated the android application, I was no longer able to see the Home and Radio tab. I keep getting an error message that it was not abl...
  • Guideal
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio: Downvoting stopped working. Red thumbs down?

As subject says, the ability to downvote a song I don't care much for stopped working just now. I Downvoted one song, worked great, then the thumbs down went red and thus not working any longer. I have certainly not over-used the feature. What is hap...

• Visitor
  • As subject says, the ability to downvote a song I don't care much for stopped working just now. I Downvoted one song, worked great, then the thumbs down went red and thus not working any longer. I ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wifi connection shuts down as soon as I use Spotify in online mode (streaming, downloading).

Hi everybody I use Spotify on my laptop, on my HTC one and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. On the laptop there is no problem at all. On the HTC one and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 the Wifi connection shuts down, as soon as I use Spotify in online mode (steaming)....

• Hi everybody   I use Spotify on my laptop, on my HTC one and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.   On the laptop there is no problem at all.    On the HTC one and the Samsung Galaxy...
  • mechaileh
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes