Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Poor sound

Hi i hope someone can help me i am having a problum with the sound going up and down when i use spotify on my android phone any help would be great thank you.

• Hi i hope someone can help me i am having a problum with the sound going up and down when i use spotify on my android phone any help would be great thank you.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Implement an actual shuffle function

Shuffle isn't much of a shuffle if it plays your songs in the EXACT SAME ORDER EVERY TIME. Shuffle needs to reset its play order so it plays songs in playlists randomly vs. the same order every time.

• Shuffle isn't much of a shuffle if it plays your songs in the EXACT SAME ORDER EVERY TIME.  Shuffle needs to reset its play order so it plays songs in playlists randomly vs. the same order every...
  • LukeStevo
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloading new songs added to a playlist

I play my Spotify music by going to the playlist of all my favourite/chosen songs. I'm guessing it's a playlist on its own created by me clicking on the plus sign of a song to add it to my songs? The other day I signed up for premium and then downloa...

• I play my Spotify music by going to the playlist of all my favourite/chosen songs. I'm guessing it's a playlist on its own created by me clicking on the plus sign of a song to add it to my songs? The...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify no longer appearing on lock screen

Hi, I had to reset my password last night on my laptop. This morning I've had to log in again on my phone and now Spotify is not appearing on my lock screen or on the notifications bar at the top of my phone. I'm on a moto g 4, android v 7.0. ive che...

• Hi,   I had to reset my password last night on my laptop. This morning I've had to log in again on my phone and now Spotify is not appearing on my lock screen or on the notifications bar at th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I haven't deleted one of my playlists and i cant find it anywhere

A few minutes ago i was about to listen to music from my playlist, but i didn't find the playlist from anywhere. What does this mean... I haven't deleted it and earlier today it worked normally and i listened music from that playlist. Im very sad rog...

• Casual Listener
  • A few minutes ago i was about to listen to music from my playlist, but i didn't find the playlist from anywhere. What does this mean... I haven't deleted it and earlier today it worked normally and i...
  • cultoftheplaty
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to save to SD card

I can't save to my SD card. It worked for months and then stopped. I don't even have the option to choose my SD card in settings. I started out trying these steps https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/spotify-doesn-t-save-to-sd-card/m-p/874789#M32...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't save to my SD card. It worked for months and then stopped. I don't even have the option to choose my SD card in settings.    I started out trying these steps https://communit...
  • koreyk
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    save
    sd card
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Editing my playlist order will not work

Hi, in need of some help. Have read all of the different forms about editing playlist to arrange songs in the order that you want but when I go to edit mine I click on the top right hand corner with the three dots and all it comes up with is sort - n...

• Hi, in need of some help.   Have read all of the different forms about editing playlist to arrange songs in the order that you want but when I go to edit mine I click on the top right hand cor...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Espacio de almacenamiento

No entiendo por qué Spotify ocupa 3,58GB de espacio en mi celular si no he bajado las playlists para escucharlas Offline (Cada playlist tiene desactivada la opcion de bajar)... Me pueden ayudar por favor. Necesito liberar ese espacio. Si no es posibl...

• No entiendo por qué Spotify ocupa 3,58GB de espacio en mi celular si no he bajado las playlists para escucharlas Offline (Cada playlist tiene desactivada la opcion de bajar)... Me pueden ayudar por f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in android

All of a sudden the phone android version is not working (S8 running latest Android version) Log in works fine on the computer, but on the phone it just says logging in for a half of a second and then snaps back to log in screen with the username and...

• Casual Listener
  • All of a sudden the phone android version is not working (S8 running latest Android version)   Log in works fine on the computer, but on the phone it just says logging in for a half of a ...
  • csafir
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Log-in
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

All saved songs are missing.

I have the Galaxy s7. With everything up to date. In the older versions on Spotify I could see all mgmy saved songs by going to my library and clicking songs, and be able to shuffle the music from there, but since the newest update I can't find that ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the Galaxy s7. With everything up to date.   In the older versions on Spotify I could see all mgmy saved songs by going to my library and clicking songs, and be able to shuffle the musi...
  • Rachelle_w
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Data Saver option missing

Is Data Saver coming to free accounts? I've read about the option but I don't see it with the new update.

• Is Data Saver coming to free accounts?  I've read about the option but I don't see it with the new update.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Using 20 mb of data per song

I thought I would give Spotify a try, and it's burning 20mb of data per 3 min song.Quality is normal, for both streamng and download.This is WAY more than Amazon Music or Pandora uses.Is this normal? If not, is there a way I can fix this?Galaxy S7, S...

• I thought I would give Spotify a try, and it's burning 20mb of data per 3 min song. Quality is normal, for both streamng and download. This is WAY more than Amazon Music or Pandora uses. Is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing

One plus 5t - headphones plugged in and Spotify stops after maybe 10 secs? What do I do???

• Casual Listener
  • One plus 5t - headphones plugged in and Spotify stops after maybe 10 secs? What do I do???
  • Razorjezza
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't download offline music

I've been a spotify premium user for a long time now but this is the first time i experience that i cant download music. I have change my phone and deleted all devices and signout everywhere. But still dosen't work. What else can i do to resolve this...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a spotify premium user for a long time now but this is the first time i experience that i cant download music. I have change my phone and deleted all devices and signout everywhere. But sti...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

importar musicas

minha conta não aparece a opção importar musicas e eu sou premium 

• Casual Listener
  • minha conta não aparece a opção importar musicas e eu sou premium 
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs don't play through

Specific songs don't play on my phone. It pauses before the song starts and I have to press shuffle play in order to get it to work. Once the song starts, it plays for up to 10 seconds before crossfading and skipping to the next song. It only happens...

• Specific songs don't play on my phone.  It pauses before the song starts and I have to press shuffle play in order to get it to work. Once the song starts, it plays for up to 10 seconds before c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing all songs of an artist, not in Android???

hi to all Spotify team!i have a problem/question and, i hope to find a solution! i m premium member and, when i try to listen all the discography of an artist, in shufle mode, i can't. I have read and a simiral topic, from an other user, he recived t...

• Regular
  • hi to all Spotify team! i have a problem/question and, i hope to find a solution! i m premium member and, when i try to listen all the discography of an artist, in shufle mode, i can't. I have read ...
  • theokrommydas
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I have a new notification?

Take a look at the attached Pic please.Why is there a one and why doesnt it go away?I guessed it must be a new notification or such bit it just doesnt want to go away...Its so irritating..

• Casual Listener
  • Take a look at the attached Pic please. Why is there a one and why doesnt it go away? I guessed it must be a new notification or such bit it just doesnt want to go away... Its so irritating..
  • Chris
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Favori daily mix

Bonjour, hier j'ai utilisé les daily mix et j'ai liké les titres via le menu déroulant dandroid (la ou y'a les notifications) sauf que ça ne sauvegarde pas les titres dans la bibliothèque... alors que si on fait depuis l'application tout marche.. du ...

• Bonjour, hier j'ai utilisé les daily mix et j'ai liké les titres via le menu déroulant dandroid (la ou y'a les notifications) sauf que ça ne sauvegarde pas les titres dans la bibliothèque... alors qu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play queue has disappeared

The play queue no longer seems to be accessible so I can't tell what tracks are queued. It used to be accessible from the now playing screen, but clicking a track makes the whole screen concern the current track, with no reference to the play queue. ...

• Casual Listener
  • The play queue no longer seems to be accessible so I can't tell what tracks are queued. It used to be accessible from the now playing screen, but clicking a track makes the whole screen concern the c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes