Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle of Liked Songs not working

Shuffle of Liked Songs not working

Currently running Android 11 on a Pixel 4a.      I have about 2400 songs downloaded and saved into folders and playlists based on genre and band name.  Because Spotify will not allow me to Shuffle play an entire folder (genre) , I've simply liked all my downloaded music and then shuffle play the LIKED playlist.    This worked fine until about mid June.  Now when I press LIKED playlist,  the app takes up to 3 min of just that green spinning disk, and then when I press shuffle play it may take another 3 min of spinning before playing any tracks.   This is annoying but not the real problem,   now each track may play 1,2,3,4 or more consecutive times before finally moving to the next track.....  is anyone else experiencing this?     I've already uninstalled/installed/downloaded without success.     

7 Replies

Hi @makettle62,

Thank you for reaching out about this in the Community!

You mentioned that you already tried reinstalling the app. Could you perform a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Also, have you tried using a different device to see if the issue persists? 

If these steps don't do the trick, please share with us a video showing the issue. This way we can take a closer look at it. 

Keep us posted. 

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Ok, I did the full uninstall / reinstall as recommended, and so far its working normally.    

Hey @makettle62,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now.

Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

JulianModerator

and  its been 3 days of working normally, but now is failing again.    Pressing the "liked" songs icon produces a long delay,   and shuffle play of the liked music playlist is filled with tracks played over and over multiple time before moving to next track.....   thoughts ?   

Hi @makettle62,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Could you let us know if you tried using a different device to see if the issue persists? 

Also, please share with us a video showing the issue. Just attach the file to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. This will help us take a better look at it.

We'll be on the lookout.

Maria_BModerator

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

First of all thank you for staying on top of this,  its appreciated.     So another update,  I changed playback mode from offline to ( not offline? ,  on-line?  not sure what to call it )  and that fixed it.  I clicked on the "liked" songs icon,  the tracks popped up almost immediately.  Pressing "shuffle play"   jumped right into a track, with no multiple repeats...     I have since turned the playback mode back to offline,  its still working fine at the moment.

Hey @makettle62,

Thanks for the reply and letting us know what has worked for you.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts