Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle still utterly useless on very big song lists, no shuffle at all.

Shuffle still utterly useless on very big song lists, no shuffle at all.

I've been following posts about the shuffle problem, for a long time, this isnt some spontaneous prompt.  The shuffle problem plaguing me for almost 6 months , is that no matter how the playlist is sorted, by title , by addition, if the playlist goes up to 2000 songs, it just doesnt shuffle, it grabs 50 songs around the one I picked and just plays them back. Im not even going to go into simply shuffling the music library, which doesnt work either. I know the **bleep**ty fixes of deleting the queue ( doesnt work for me )  or bamboozling a random assortment into a new playlist everytime, but I pay money for this service, I shouldnt have to work around to get a simple shuffle script to work. and even those fixes dont work. Example if I put all my songs into a playlist on my tablet , running windows 10, and shuffle it, itll do the same thing of just grabbing the 50 songs around the one I picked in list and thats it.

For other kind users who face this, is there any alternative streaming system thats comparable and actually shuffles a full library.  I know it doesnt happen to my friends who have less than 1000 ish songs ( they also have iphones, I have an android lg3) , I can see their queue and its completely random, so why is my library of 3000 songs NEVER shuffled. Maybe spotify throttles ressources on large libraries.

I can attach pictures of full queues of my library, and of playlists,  for example Ill play a song starting in A or a digit, if my songs are sorted by title, shuffle only and ONLY brings up songs starting in A or digit.  If I sort in reverse title ( Z first ) and grab a random top song and shuffle will ONLY bring up Z-W and end of alphabet songs. 

Itll do the same thing if I grab a new song from a list sorted by "recently added" by just grabbing recently added songs and nothing else. and vice versa for lists sorted by "first added", the shuffle is completely laughable.

Please explain what I have to do to achieve a real shuffle on over 3000 songs. Or at least just tell me that its intentional so I can leave this service.

2 Replies

On further analysis, it seems my tablet can achieve some sort of shuffle if it isnt broadcasting or linked to my android. Im pretty sure the android version is the problem.

I have the same problem involving a bad shuffle rotation for my music for Desktop and my Alcatel phone. Hope this can get tweaked just a little bit.

Suggested posts