Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Since android nougat update issues with songs just stopping

Solved!

Since android nougat update issues with songs just stopping

Hi,

Anyone else noticed any issues since updating to Android Nougat on a Nexus 6P?

My problem is since updating to Android Nougat when I'm playing songs from my playlist they intermitently just stop playing - the app is still on my running programs when I check but its not showing on my display screen.

I've tried a uninstall (ensured the folders related to spotify are gone which they are) and a clean install but still have the same problem...this has happened since I've updated to Nougat.

I didn't have any issues when I was using Lollipop...hope something can help?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Android Nougat has brought about enhanced power saving, making the Doze feature first seen in Android Marshmallow even better... however this can have adverse affects; especially if using apps with the screen off or in the background such as Spotify.

You can customise which apps are affected by this doze feature by following the steps below:

1. Open the Settings app on your phone (Pull down the notifications shade, and tap the gear in the upper right corner, or find “Settings” in the App Drawer.)

2. Tap Battery.

3. Tap the menu button and choose “Battery optimization.”

4. Tap the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select “All apps.”

5. Scroll down to Spotify - tap it and select "Don't Optimize"

Now Spotify will not be controlled by the Android system's power saving enabling it to run in the background.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Android Nougat has brought about enhanced power saving, making the Doze feature first seen in Android Marshmallow even better... however this can have adverse affects; especially if using apps with the screen off or in the background such as Spotify.

You can customise which apps are affected by this doze feature by following the steps below:

1. Open the Settings app on your phone (Pull down the notifications shade, and tap the gear in the upper right corner, or find “Settings” in the App Drawer.)

2. Tap Battery.

3. Tap the menu button and choose “Battery optimization.”

4. Tap the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select “All apps.”

5. Scroll down to Spotify - tap it and select "Don't Optimize"

Now Spotify will not be controlled by the Android system's power saving enabling it to run in the background.

Android Troubleshooting:

Many thanks for that, I had a feeling it was something to do with the batter optimise but couldnt work out where I needed to go - excellent cheers

You're welcome. Happy to have helped!

Android Troubleshooting:

This is not helping me. Since updating to nougat, I'm having endless problems with Spotify. My Spotify will not connect properly with my Denon S720W AVR receiver. I have gone to battery usage, and the battery power saving mode is not even turned on, and the Spotify app is not even listed as one of the apps. My Denon AVR remote won't even connect at all. After trying over and over to connect Spotify to my AVR, I can get it working some of the time, but as soon as I disconnect, it will not reconnect. At the moment, it IS connect, but the moment I press play on a song, it connects for 2 seconds then the song stops. I am SO pissed. Why is Spotify not properly configured yet for Nougat?

Suggested posts