Premium Family

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

My spotify is currently virtually unusable, when listening to a track it randomly skips to the next track after about 20 seconds.

Also, when paused it randomly restarts without me doing anything, which is annoying when I'm on a call or speaking to people - I have to turn off the app to stop it restarting, which makes it impossible to use.

I have all settings switched to off - currently Spotify is unusable!

3 Replies

Hey @Spodge.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Do you mind trying a quick clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this support article? This tends to solve a lot of common issues our users face.

If that doesn't help, could you let us know if this is happening when you try to play music from the same account on a different device?

Also, make sure to provide us with the exact version of the app your Android phone is running so we can take a closer look.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply 😉

I have deleted all my data and reinstalled Spotify, and it still skips to the next track after 40 seconds

I`'ve now fixed it via Google. I had to uncheck Spotify in optimise battery usage in Settings on my Samsung Galaxy S9, it was nothing to do with the Spotify app itself

Suggested posts