Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

So this thing is actually downloading music?

So this thing is actually downloading music?

I thought the entire point of spotify premium was to have your music everywhere without downloading music to my phone but this thing just ate up my ENTIRE memory downloading my music. Why did it do that the entire point of spotify is to not do that?

What the **bleep** I already have an app that plays my downloaded music and it has an interface that actually lets me do useful things so what even is the point of this app? The other app is free and this costs money why?

6 Replies

You probably enabled offline mode on your Android phone which then downloads the music to it. This is practical for people with limited online data traffic, but not if you have a mobile phone flatrate access where you don't have to care how many megabytes per month you use.

Okay but then it says "this track is not available?" Why?

I'm getting that occasionally. I think it's that the timeout is set a little too low. So when you open the app it's not yet downloaded all the data from the internet to show the track, therefore it believes its not available. After a second it realises it is available and disappears.

Unless of course the track isn't available; Artists or Labels have to allow Spotify to stream their music or tracks. If something is missing, it's normally because of the artist or label rather than Spotify not having it (Spotify would love to be able to supply every piece of recorded music). You can have a look at the Music FAQ which has some more information

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Yeah I get that spotify doesn't have any music, but *I* have it the entire point of downloading this was to have my music without it being on my phone which the annoying ads shilling spotify premium every time i used it for free implied was a thing i could do is this not true?

This article explains how to download tracks for offline use. If you don't want to take up space on your phone and just stream music, online, do the opposite of what the article says.

Community Ergo Sum

Hey I'm trying to read this and I'm not understanding what I am looking and I don't think you really get what I am trying to convey to you. Let me try and explain this again as explicitly as I possibly can:

I have iTunes. There is music there. I have it.

I have Spotify. Got this app on my Galaxy 5S.

Have Spotify premium.

Now... the ENTIRE POINT of Spotify, the only thing that makes it something other than "Google Play but with an ugly, useless, hard-to-understand-interface" is the ability to upload your itunes to your Spotify, and then be able to play those songs anywhere.

Now, for some reason, instead of doing that, this app is **bleep**ing downloading things. Of course, I have a huge SD card that Spotify is apperently too stupid to understand that it needs to use, but that's not related to the fact that THERE SHOULD NOT BE THINGS THAT ARE DOWNLOADING WHY WOULD I WANT TO DOWNLOAD MY MUSIC WITH SPOTIFY WHEN I ALREADY HAVE GOOGLE PLAY DOES THAT FOR ME ALREADY?

Now listen, I get Spotify has, like, no music. Seriously I swear all spotify has is b-sides and **bleep** no one wants to listen to. I don't care about any of that though, because *I* have those songs. I've gone into my little itunes, my little spotifies, and my little whatevers, and told them all to sync to each other or whatever the **bleep** it is. However, things are downloading and the songs I actually want to listen to are there, but grey'd out and say "unavailable" because **bleep** logic.

So, in short:

SPOTIFY NO WERK YOU MAKE WERK NOW

Suggested posts