Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some albums are on spotify but aren't showing up on the artist page

Solved!

Some albums are on spotify but aren't showing up on the artist page

When I search for the Bleacher's  "I wanna get better" and "Strange Desire" they won't show up on the spotify app, I went on to the web player found it and added it to my music, however the tracks are all grayed out and won't play nor show up on the artist page! Any help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

its blocked in your country

View solution in original post

21 Replies

That means that the artist has removed that particular album/song from spotify... Unfortunately, that means that even those who previously had it in their playlists can't listen to said album.
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

The thing is its on the web player and the artist is still advertising his album as being on Spotify, I think its an issue with the app

Let me ckeck it out.

If you want, there are a few ideas like this that could use a few more kudos... I think there is one somewhere to petition artists to come back to spotify. Just give those some kudos (to increase the likelihood of them getting implemented). You could also write the artist personally to ask him to release his/her stuff on spotify. 🙂

Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

I can pull it just fine on both the web player and mobile device... both to play and download. Try reinstalling/rebooting and see if that works. 🙂

This is what I mean

Screenshot_2015-05-16-20-35-24.png
Screenshot_2015-05-16-20-35-12.png

I have rebooting and reinstalling with no change 😞 

Should I report as a bug?

What device are you using (mobile device -- make and model)?

I'm using the Lenovo TAB A10 tablet

App is from the Google Play store

Uninstall the app from Google Play. Download it from Spotify.com directly. There are quite a few issues with the version on Google Play right now. For some reason they (for the most part) are fixed with the latest version from spotify.com. Please let me know if it works. 🙂

When I click on download it detects my OS and leads me to the Google Play store 😞

Let me get a quick direct download link... one second. 🙂

Edit: Here you go: http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk I think this is the latest version.

Not on this version either 😞

@DannyFL wrote:

Let me get a quick direct download link... one second. 🙂

Edit: Here you go: http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk I think this is the latest version.

Try this one then: https://m.spotify.com/uk/?group=android and follow the advice in  this thread.

Tried changing my country to US and that didn't work and I installed that version and that a!so didn't work! 

Should I report it as a bug?

I would say go ahead and do that then. @MattSuda, any ideas? @MichaelJerzak?

Try going online (on the desktop app or web player) and adding it to your music. Then see if it shows up on your android after you sync your devices. 🙂 

Very strange indeed! Have you tried logging out and logging back in on Android?

I've tried that, the album appears but all the tracks are grayed out and won't play or be shown in playlists
@DannyFL wrote:

Try going online (on the desktop app or web player) and adding it to your music. Then see if it shows up on your android after you sync your devices. 🙂 

Tried that, still nothing
@MichaelJerzak wrote:
Very strange indeed! Have you tried logging out and logging back in on Android?

Suggested posts