Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some of my downloaded songs won't play in offline mode

Some of my downloaded songs won't play in offline mode

Hello, I have a premium account and some of my songs won't play in offline mode even if I download them(ex: Blind Witness - All Alone). I downloaded it from the playlist "Discover Weekly" with some other songs but none of them is playable when I have no internet connection. I tried to re-download, restart my phone, re-download again but nothing seems to be the solution. I was wondering, what is the problem?

1 Reply

I have a similar problem on Android. My phone is a OnePlus X on Android 6.0.1 without any special OS mod. Let me explain my view.

I activate the offline download on the Weekly Discovery playlist from Spotify. The first week it downloads the songs and I can listen while I am in the bus going to work. When it updates the next week it says it is updated and downloaded but when I am not connected to the wifi it doesnt play at all. Even when I am connected to the wifi it sometimes plays only if I press next or select a specific song from the list.

The song does not start by itself

We see that the playlist is updated on the 19th of march 2018

The song does not get an image

Songs seem to be downloaded in the list interface

I try to unfollow the playlist. I unselect the download switch close the app and restart my phone. After that I tried to reselect the download switch for the playlist but it does not redownload it is like the songs are in the data folder of the app and Spotify recognises that the songs are downloaded but I can not play them if I am not in wifi.

If I want the playlist to play offline I have to clear the cache in the Android settings and remove all data. I then have to reconnect and reactivate the offline download for the playlist and my other music on Spotify that I want to listen to. This is not a happy process let us say.

BTW I am a programmer and this looks definitively like a bug

Suggested posts