Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some songs play on windows but won't play on android

Some songs play on windows but won't play on android

Hey, so I just got the premium service of spotify since it came to Canada and I've been looking forward to having this app for a while now. However I'm running into an issue that is making me think about downgrading myservice.

I've imported my playlists over from itunes, and the all play just fine on Windows 7 PC. However, random songs within the playlist will not play on Galaxy Not 3 4.4.2, stored on the SD card. These same songs play just fine on my PC, but refuse to make any sound. The track will move forward as if the song was playing, but no audio will come out.

I have also tried replacing the songs with the spotify version, instead of just my local file, to no avail. I have also tried reinstalling the app, which also failed to work.

4 Replies

Please see this thread about how to report broken or incorrect track data.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/PLEASE-READ-Reporting-Incorrect-Track-Info/td-p/25291

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

The thing is is that they play just fine on PC. Just not on my android. They're there, and the have the green downloaded arrow. They just remain silent when played

Hmm. Can you uninstall Spotify, remove your SD card. Install Spotify, then keeping the SD card out try to sync and play the tracks?

If this works you may have a corrupt SD card. Try formatting it, then again uninstall Spotify, insert the SD card then install Spotify again.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I have submitted the following idea about optimizing local files for mobile devices:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Playlists-Optimize-Local-Files-for-M...

Suggested posts