Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Something is deleting downloaded songs

Something is deleting downloaded songs

Hey there,
For some reason i keep loosing downloaded songs on my smartphone. I don't delete them on my own, but one to two days after downloading several albums there is only a fraction of the songs left. For example i downloaded both albums of all faces down, and now spotify is only showing 2 songs as saved and downloaded and the other songs are not saved anymore. When looking for them by the searchtool i can't save them because they are already ticked, and even though i can't just download them again.
I definitely have enough space left to save them and already reinstalled spotify but it didn't help.
I hope there is a solution, because that is not what i paid for...
Smartphone is Galaxy A3 2016
3 Replies

Hey @Bloqbreaker!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

In this case, we think that the cache of your devices might be duplicated and this could be causing the issue. To fix this up, please remove all your offline devices over here: https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/. Then, reinstall the app following these simple steps

This should fix the issue, but you need to remove the offline device before you reinstall the app. Keep in mind that you'll have to re-sync all your offline music once again.

Let us know how you get on 🙂
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Thank you for your response.
I didn't had any more problems in january and february, so i have not tried yet.
But since the same error now occured two times in one week I'll have a look on it.
Will make me decide if i keep premium or not...

Ok, i did like @maria_b told in her post above. Total erasing of the app and all data from the phone, and removing device from my spotify acc.
Today when I decided to download a new album it just happened again. Nearly every song shown as not downloaded, only few random ones remained (e.g. last of the screenshots), and app was starting to download about 2500 songs again...
Also when checking for memory storage used, the amount of space used on SD card got fewer (two of the screenshots) every time i restarted...
[Translation, since it's german:
Wird derzeit verwendet - memory used atm. ; verfügbar - available memory ; gesamt - total memory]
Anyone having a clue whats going on?
This bug is pretty f***ed up and meanwhile I'm getting pretty angry about it, especialy cause this just happened one day after beeing chargd for premium...

Best,
MJ

Edit: looked again at 6:14pm, only 3.n gb left...
Screenshot_20170312-173705.png
Screenshot_20170312-173938.png
Screenshot_20170312-174549.png

Suggested posts