Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song may randomly not entirely load while playing in Shuffle or Playlist modes.

Solved!

Song may randomly not entirely load while playing in Shuffle or Playlist modes.

My problem is getting weirder. What I just discovered is that the songs, mostly while in playlists or shuffles, aren't entirely loading every time. When this happens, the glitchy song display its proper total play time, but after a random time within it, the music just doesn't play anymore, and the timebar stops. Take note, the app doesn't freeze or crash by itself, the music "stops" playing without actually pausing, which crashes the app if it is in background, but doesn't while it is in foreground. Also, I can know early if a said song is not properly loaded as I can jump forward on the track and notice the music doesn't play at the selected time if it is past the glitch. If I do select a time within this unloaded section, the timeframe doesn't move from this selection, unlike the previously reported audio issue in which the music stopped playing but the timeframe kept going. This occurs to me every 1 to 3 songs.

To be clear (or try), a song lasts 3 minutes, but is not loaded after 2 minutes. It will play well until it reaches 2:00 but will then stop playing (without pausing). The timeframe will then remain at 2:00. If I select 2:12 (or any time after 2:00), it will remain at 2:12 but still not play. If I select 1:43 (or anytime before 2:00), it will play until 2:00, EVEN if I do that AFTER a song glitches, either by reaching 2:00 or selecting a time after 2:00.

Also, if a song is not completely loaded, accessing the option menu while playing it will cause a crash.

There are no workarounds, I tried everything up to beta updates, clean installs and developpers options. I was on the official released version, but now on the 6.9.0.1214 beta and the issue is still ongoing. LG G4, Android 6.0.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's pretty easy but you can try just deleting the cache from spotify settings. The point is that redownloading a corrupted track may not solve the issue as spotify may just reinstate the original song from the cache. It does this to save bandwidth.

Try it your way and if it doesn't work, you will need to delete the spotify cache.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I forgot to say I am a premium user, mostly using offline mode because I am on the road. This issue seems to happen both online and offline though.

Actually, I feel extremely ashamed and I just confirmed, the same songs cut at the same moment. Issues are with the individual files that probably just didnt download correctly. Clean install should have fixed this, but anyway I will try redownloading the songs individually. Please consider this thread close/solved for now. Sorry for bothering.

I cannot believe I didn't notice that in three days playing around like crazy trying to fix this...

Hi, just a couple of questions for you.

Does this happen when you are streaming music and/or when playing downloaded songs?

Is spotify set to use the SD card for storage?

Oops, ignore me. Manually delete the spotify folders to remove all traces of the corrupted files. 

• /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

Thanks for your concern, and very fast follow up, but I have to confirm the issue is caused by corrupted files. Very specific songs at very specific timing. I believe this is due to grouped downloads of multiple songs on unstable wifi. I will redownload individualy each songs this time, which should fix this issue. I still cannot believe it took me three days to figure this out, as searching for similar issues on internet diverted my attention toward more dramatic problems (and drastic solutions) that still seemed to fit mine. Thanks again.

Will do as soon as possible. I absolutely have to delete the files manually? There is no way I can delete and redownload them entirely through Spotify app?
Marked as solution

It's pretty easy but you can try just deleting the cache from spotify settings. The point is that redownloading a corrupted track may not solve the issue as spotify may just reinstate the original song from the cache. It does this to save bandwidth.

Try it your way and if it doesn't work, you will need to delete the spotify cache.

Oh that is good to know! I'll keep that in mind if the issue persist even after redowloading a track, at least I'll know the reason then. Thanks for your help!

Suggested posts