Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song not available on Android but plays on desktop app.

Song not available on Android but plays on desktop app.

In the last few weeks my account has started throwing playback errors at me out of the blue. It started when I noticed on the desktop client (windows 10 and on 2 different machines) that a couple of artists music would not play for me anymore, despite them not being greyed out. Albums I have listened to many times before without issue. (For reference I noticed it with a few tracks by Lapalux and then I could play nothing at all by Burial) I was getting the error "This track is not available please import locally" (or something like that) and I could not play them on my Andriod or iOS device either.

Burial now plays through Windows but will not play through the Android app (or iOS,) I get the error "This song is not available" even though the songs are not greyed out. I can play it on my desktop then try to switch to a mobile device and it just stops playing. I tried playing it on a friends phone yesterday and it worked fine so I do not believe it is a regional issue. I have not tried any trouble shooting yet apart from clearing the cache from inside the app, I was hoping to avoid having to uninstall and reinstall as I have a lot of playlists saved offline and would rather not have to download them all again. 

*Edit* it now has stoppped playing on my desktop again.

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

oneplus 6

Operating System

Android Oreo 8.1 (formally windows 10 and currently still iOS)

6 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to our Spotify Community!

Could you let us know that Spotify version you're using on both devices? Also, we'd recommend reinstalling the app in both by following the steps at https://support.spotify.com/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/.

Let us know how it goes. Take care 🙂

Hi Aimee,

On my android device it is version 8.4.67.886 arm v7 and desk top 1.0.87.491.ge2a121fc. I can't provide the iOS version currently. I find it weird that the issue is across three different platforms, it's like it's an issue specific to my account. No matter where I try to play it, it will not, regardless of the OS.

Hey @user-removed.

If you have any friends or family members that use Spotify. Could you ask them to log in on your devices to see if they get the same error message? This way we can find out if there is something up with your account or not.

Let us know what you can find 🙂

Hi Guido,

I tried what yo suggested on both my phone and desktop with a colleagues account and both artists I was having an issue with played with no problem. 

Thanks.

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's possible that something is up with your account. Would you mind creating a new account to see if that solves the issue?

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You can visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day 🙂

Hi Guido,

I appreciate you getting back to me however I don't really consider this solution to my issue. Instead of the spotify team fixing a problem I am to inconvenience myself further by having to close my current account, re set up my family on the family plan and then manually recreate all of my playlists. I will be honest here, I have been a premium paying member since probably around 2013 and I am getting fed up with features or functionality being continuously broken, removed and/or not fixed. I realise this is not your fault so I hope I am not coming across angrily towards you personally.

Thanks,

Matt

Suggested posts