Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song will play but no sound will come out

Song will play but no sound will come out

I am using a Nook HD+ and this just started today, but the song will play but no sound will come out? Not sure what is going on but it just started.

12 Replies

Sounds silly, but have you tried pressing volume up?

Also can you check nothing is lodged in the headphones jack as long or dirt can trick it.

Lastly you may have to try a clean install, please use the guide linked in my signature to get a true reinstall.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I have the same problem today. I cannot hear anything Spotify is playing either through speaker, headphones or over bluetOOth. I CAN hear You Tube etc. Has something changed in the last 24 hours? I am reluctant to clean install and lose everything I set up.

WORKS ON Galaxy Note 2 under Jelly Bean, DOES NOT work on LG Pad under KitKat.

Do you have an EQ app installed? If so, can you disable it?

I can't see why it would have suddenly stopped working unless something else has caused a conflict. I'm sorry to say the best course of action may well be a clean install:

NOTE: You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this!

Uninstall the app from Settings - Apps then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it, then press 'Uninstall' (or any other way you usually uninstall apps).

Once done using a file manager (such as ES File Explorer) make sure that the below folders are deleted (the second one may be still remaining from the older version of Spotify):

/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Note: - Make sure to check both Emulated/0/ AND the /ext_sd/ locations for these folders as they could be on Internal memory or/and external SD card.

When all folders are removed go to the play store and install the Spotify Music app again (Direct Link).

Official guides for a clean reinstallation here
If using an external sd card to store your cache (Offline Playlists) on Android 4.4.2+ then please read instructions in the thread here: [Android 4.4.2+]Cache on external SD card is possible

Android Troubleshooting:

I have the same on Lenovo tablet. Songs play, but without sound or don't play at all, instead notification pops up - track is unavailable. I logged out and in, one song played correctly and the same issue again. I thought it's because I don't have premium account, but it plays normally on my smartphone and laptop, so I'm confused now. 

@toby5 wrote:

I have the same on Lenovo tablet. Songs play, but without sound or don't play at all, instead notification pops up - track is unavailable. I logged out and in, one song played correctly and the same issue again. I thought it's because I don't have premium account, but it plays normally on my smartphone and laptop, so I'm confused now. 

Have you tried a clean install?

NOTE: You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this!

Uninstall the app from Settings - Apps then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it, then press 'Uninstall' (or any other way you usually uninstall apps).

Once done using a file manager (such as ES File Explorer) make sure that the below folders are deleted (the second one may be still remaining from the older version of Spotify):

/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Note: - Make sure to check both Emulated/0/ AND the /ext_sd/ locations for these folders as they could be on Internal memory or/and external SD card.

When all folders are removed go to the play store and install the Spotify Music app again (Direct Link).

Official guides for a clean reinstallation here
If using an external sd card to store your cache (Offline Playlists) on Android 4.4.2+ then please read instructions in the thread here: [Android 4.4.2+]Cache on external SD card is possible

Android Troubleshooting:

Removed equalizer - no difference.

In the removal process I noticed that Spotify was listed in My Apps on Play Store as "recent" which suggests that I have received an automatic update. Are you able to find out if something in that update might have caused this on KitKat?

I am reluctant to do a clean reinstall only to find it still doesn't work because of an update.

The release notes are here, and these are all I have access to as well.

From the looks of things this is purely a UX & translations update. Nothing that would cause a loss in sound. If you want to try, you can revert back by installing the older version which I keep a copy of here

Just make sure to turn off automatic updating in the play store first.

Android Troubleshooting:

I get the message "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file..."

Looks as though several people may be experiencing the problem 🙂

Ok, might be bacause it's the apk. Try downloading this but rename from ".doc" to ".apk"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B53cHrwOfdm5RDlDT0lzQ2xqR1k/view?usp=sharing

Android Troubleshooting:

Very strange. I didn't download but went out with granddaughter. Switched to Spotify on phone. On return, switched back. Works now!

I can't think what caused it as Spotify App had autoupdate off. All I can think of is that something was changed at the sending end of streaming.I Had not changed anything on tablet.

Thanks for your help  anyway.

@Andyjenk wrote:

Very strange. I didn't download but went out with granddaughter. Switched to Spotify on phone. On return, switched back. Works now!

I can't think what caused it as Spotify App had autoupdate off. All I can think of is that something was changed at the sending end of streaming.I Had not changed anything on tablet.

Thanks for your help  anyway.

No worries, maybe is was a glitch on the server end. Anyway, glad you're sorted.

Android Troubleshooting:

Not sure if this is solved yet. But for future netizens, when the song bar pops up to play a song, check the bottom right sound bar. Similar to youtube's sound bar, it controls the intensity of the music. It might've been muted by accident.

@jvspill wrote:

I am using a Nook HD+ and this just started today, but the song will play but no sound will come out? Not sure what is going on but it just started.

Suggested posts