Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs Stop After 7 Seconds

Solved!

Songs Stop After 7 Seconds

I realize that this forum is moderated by apologists who insist the problem is never, EVER the fault of Spotify - but here goes. 

This is a mobile issue.

Following the latest Droid OS update, Spotify now stops every song (whether in a play list, search result, suggested - makes no difference) after 7 seconds.  If you start the song over, it plays - and stops after 7 seconds.  Without fail.  NO exceptions.

I uninstalled Spotify (only to be reminded that Spotify will continue to collect their money unless I cancel.  Thanks.) and re-installed.  I logged in through FaceBook (as I have since I initially subscribed in 2012).  Only to have Spotify display its home page, then my playlist ("Your Music") page followed immediately by the login page again, advising me I was not logged in.  I accessed my account via my laptop to confirm my account was still valid.  It is.

I quit.  This most definitely is Spotify's problem.  Mods, please do not embarass yourselves by suggesting it's not.

I dare you to fix it.  You have 4 hours or you lose all five accounts we maintain.  There are other, more reliable, more professional, more customer friendly streaming services.  (Please tell me that you do not care and I am free to go.  That will at least confirm the problem is yours.) Here's what I expect: "You must have connectivity problems."  "You have a mobile virus."  "Well, the problem is definitely not on our end."  "You're free to cancel your subscription."  And my all-time favorite - "Are you near a cell tower?" 

I hope I am wrong and you actually repair this.

23 Replies

For anyone in the future that has this issue, I was able to solve this today:

Music was playing fine for about an hour, then did the 7second bs.

I restarted the app multiple times with no success.

Then I remembered that my spotify was linked to my facebook, which I had just deleted from my tablet. I had also deleted the application specific cache and data from the settings menu.

So I re-installed facebook, logged in to facebook, then re-installed spotify, and logged in to spotify.

No issues to report since.

Hopefully this helps anyone else with this issue.

it stops playing after 7 seconds on my mac, but works fine on the iphone and ipad. very frusterating 

It's not an android issue ... I have an I phone 6 pulse and also enjoy only seconds of music.. This is spotify's problem.. I've tried everything there is a glitch on there end...

Works on my Windows computer, but doesn't work on my iphone 5s for some reason...

Suggested posts