NEXT STEP

Songs on playlist unavailable, but can be found when searched for

Songs on playlist unavailable, but can be found when searched for

Device

Huawei P20 Pro

Operating System

Android Oreo (8.1.0)

My Question or Issue

I've recently purchased a new phone (was previously on a Galaxy S6) and after installing Spotify I've discovered that my main playlist has decreased in size dramatically (from over 1000 songs to half that).

A number of songs which were previously on the playlist have now been greyed out, indicating they are unavailable. If I search for the songs, however, Spotify still has them available and they can be added to my playlist - but obviously I don't want to have to do this for 500 songs! There were some songs on my playlist were added from local files (maybe 70), so I can understand why I don't have access to these just yet, but that doesn't explain the other 400 odd. They're still available on my laptop / old phone.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

2 Replies

Hi @new_nostalgia, welcome to our Spotify Community!

Best thing to try here is a reinstall. Just follow the steps at https://support.spotify.com/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/. Also, make sure you're logging into the correct account. 

Have a nice day!

Hi Aimee,

I've reinstalled Spotify on my new phone and the issue remains. I also reinstalled Spotify on my old phone and now I'm having the same issue there, so it looks like the problem is at Spotify's end (something to do with the playlist, evidently). I've contacted Spotify and they're looking into it now, so hopefully I'll have a fix shortly.

Cheers

Suggested posts