Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs only play for second and then pause

Songs only play for second and then pause

Opened my android Spotify this morning and no matter what song I click it plays for a second and then pauses on its own. When I press play again it does it again. Removed and downloaded again. Still has the issue except now i have to download my offline lists again.

5 Replies

Hello and welcome to the community! 🙂

im really sorry for that... Have you already tryed disabling high quality streaming and re'logging?

And the clean reinstallation doesn't help you isn't it`?

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Yes, I tried both of these solutions and neither worked. I am limited to listening on my laptop. 

Is this on mobile data and wifi?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I am having the same problem. This is not just for one device. It's happening with my desktop app and my android app so it's not just a re-installing issue unless both started this problem at the same time.

I would hit play, it pauses, play again, it pauses. I have to repeat this over and over again and finally starts to play. It's annoying.

@synergyeffect wrote:

I am having the same problem. This is not just for one device. It's happening with my desktop app and my android app so it's not just a re-installing issue unless both started this problem at the same time.

I would hit play, it pauses, play again, it pauses. I have to repeat this over and over again and finally starts to play. It's annoying.

I've seen this recently whereby Support had to clear a users cache on the server side; I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts