Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs playing, no sound.

Songs playing, no sound.

I have a Galaxy Note 3. After about an hour of playing spotify, it will suddenly stop playing. I then have to restart the telephone before it works again. It also stops when I skip or rewind/ forward tracks, but even sooner. Song is still playing but the sound just stops. When I pause / swap songs or such, it doesn't do anything. Restarting the app doesn't do anything.

Appreciate any suggestions.
14 Replies

Is it the same playing through the internal speaker? Just trying to eliminate a problem with your earphones or bluetooth device.

Have tried different earphones, no difference. Same problem with bluetooth. 🙂

I was asking about the speaker though, not earphones.

The same.

Thanks for that. Could you try a quick reinstall and see if that helps. If you still get this issue, please try the steps in this post which will make sure you have no traces of the old version left on your Note.

Thanks, but none of the above helps...

Is the cache stored on an external SD card? If so what make and spec is the card? I have aa Note 3 and I don't have these issues so just trying to eliminate possibilities.

Stored on sd card (Transcend 32GB (10) microSDHC.
I removed the card. Deleted spotify completely.Reinstalled without card and synced to device memory. No difference. Spotify crashed. No sound.

Are you running any sort of battery saver or cache cleaner? If so, try disabling them. If you did a full clean install following my steps here, there has to be something else causing your issue. You did download spotify music from Play and not somewhere else? The only other suggestion I have is to do a factory reset then just download and install spotify and see if you still get problems. If it works, reinstall your other apps, one at a time until spotify starts crashing again.

Thanks, will try.

I have the same problem with an Xperia Z2. 

Sometimes it happens when the connection is bad, or the phone switch from wifi to 3G or the other way. 

The sound stops but the song stills "playing".  By no or bad connection it should pause to buffer, but it keeps on going. 

In my case, killing the app solves the problem. 

PS: I run no memory cleaner or thinhgs like that, and Stamina (battery saving) feature is disabled. 

I had exactly the same problem and removing the SD card (same as yours,but i suspect mine was fake as i purchased it from a vendor on ebay who was from hong kong) helped.

You need to make sure you wipe everything related to Spotify.Try Titanium Backup if you are rooted.Find spotify and press '' wipe data'' and then '' unistall '' and do not put the SD Card back in phone.Spotify using phone's internal memory will probably work smoothly as it did for me.

Uninstalled spotify. Formatted sdcard. Took out sdcard. Restarted phone with factory settings. Installed spotify and synced. Inserted sdcard. No problems yet!!

Thanks for letting me know @pkmano . Sounds promising 🙂

Suggested posts