Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs skip after 15 seconds (+/-) over bluetooth

Songs skip after 15 seconds (+/-) over bluetooth

The title says it all really. The application works fine with headphones or simply playing from my phones speaker (Droid RAZR) but if I connect my phone to the car spotify skips songs consistently at roughly the 15 second mark. 

This used to happen only every once in a while, but with updates has become a more consistent problem to the point I simply *cant* use spotify anymore, which is irritating seeing as that's why I'm paying for premium. 

Searching the forum provides some basic troubleshooting steps (which I've followed and then some) and I can see others have had similar problems.

Is there hope? 😧

4 Replies

Of note, I just received the 6.2 update and this issue persists.

This is exactly what happens to me as well. I am also using a droid razr. It is very frustrating and it makes me want to cancel my spotify. I have been dealing with this issue for a few months now. Below is all the information I have gathered regarding this issue.

Description

Please describe the problem

Example:

When I try to play spotify using Bluetooth it constantly skips to the next song until it reaches the end of the playlist or album. It usually plays for about 10 seconds until going to the next track. This occurs when streaming or playing downloaded playlists.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

(We need to know what you are doing so we can do the exact same to try and get the same error)

1. First I tried another Bluetooth device to insure it was not the device. It also skipped to the next song.

2. Then I used a different music player to insure that it was not my phone. All other applications seamed to stream normally.

3. Next I used a different phone on these devices and it worked properly. The phones I used to test were iPhones.

4. Lastly I followed the trouble shooting steps as outlined  in section B of the [Android] Troubleshooting Spotify. This did not resolve my issue.

What I expected to happen

I expect to be able to select a song to play and it not skip to the next song after a few seconds. 

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes 

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes 

Your device

Droid Razr

Device’s Operating System

Android 4.1.2

What type of account do you have?

Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

Space left on your device

1.62GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

14.83GB

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

N/A 

Is your device rooted?

No 

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes 

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

N/A 

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

N/A 

My mobile provider and country

Verizon, US 

My username

Patrik Lemon

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

No 

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Facebook login 

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

No

I have a similar issue (it happens over bluetooth in my car) and have been able to hack fix it by playing streaming audio from another app like mlb at bat radio for a second and then going back and playing my playlist. But that only fixes it temporarily it seems, at least until the next time I get in my car...sometimes. I have a feeling it has something to do with a conflict with videos I have on my device. I noticed after it was working no problem for a while after I took a video it started having issues again. I thought that maybe it was my car thinking that it was playing the video and since the video was only 15 seconds or so that it was trying to go to the next track. Don't know though I haven't tested yet by deleting all my videos. That is the theory that lead me to try and run a streaming app to confuse my car and figure out my pseudo fix, so it seems somewhat plausible still, again its not a permanent fix though. It just keeps me from wanting to smash my phone with my fist. 🙂

This is exactly what I have to do too. If I start playing audio with Spotify in my car via Bluetooth, then the song skips and the 'next track' button has no effect. If I go to Google Music and play a song, then go back to Spotify, then the problem disappears...at least for a bit. Then it reappears and I almost swerve off the road out of anger. Because of this issue and the inability to store music on other wearable devices, I'm considering canceling premium. Spotify better adapt and innovate fast or they are gone...

Suggested posts