Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs stopping or taking long to load when cast to Google Nest Mini

Songs stopping or taking long to load when cast to Google Nest Mini

Hello, I've had this strange problem for a while, when casting to my Google Nest Mini. Sometimes the songs don't load and when they do they randomly stop for a while and then continue and then stop and so on. The experience of listening to music like this is awful.

It's not an internet problem since the router is close to the speaker and it always works flawlessly with my girlfriends account, even if we play the same song it works on her account but stops on mine.

I've searched these forums for a solution, but someone with the same problem as me was recommended to create a new Spotify account as the solution which is not  something I want to do since I have this account for a long time and it's not just a matter of moving playlists to the new one.

I've tried resetting the speaker to default and have also re-installed both the beta and non beta version of the app on my phone and on different android versions, nothing seems to work.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated since I don't want to use another streaming service but right now I can't reliably use my speakers to listen to music.

3 Replies

Hey @Pipas_,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

This type of issue could be related to the connection between devices. Would you mind checking if the issue persists if you connect the speaker via Bluetooth?

Also, since you mentioned that a different account seems to work properly, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app on the device that is casting the playback by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

Lastly, as it could be also related to network permissions, could you try using a different Wi-Fi network. In case you don't have another one available, you can try a mobile data hotspot to test it.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have tried all the given solutions and nothing work, months have passed and the issue persists.

I also worked casting from my account from different systems (MacOS and Android) and the problem always happens, even when I use the voice commands in the speaker. 

Again, it's only bugged on my account, my girlfriend's spotify works just fine.
This makes the spotify experience horrible since I never know when my songs are going to be cut off, is there anything else I can try?

Hey @Pipas_

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to  confirm, were you having the same issue while using Bluetooth? We'd also like to know if you're having this problem while you're casting to different devices as well or if this only happens on the Google Nest Mini. 

On another note, you mentioned that your girlfriend's account was working fine with the speaker. In this case, could you ask her or any other friend or relative to log in to one of your devices to check if they can replicate this behavior with their account on your devices?

Additionally, would you mind checking if the OS of your devices is up to date? 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts