Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Specific song wont play from local files downloaded onto phone!

Solved!

Specific song wont play from local files downloaded onto phone!

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung on5 

My Question or Issue

I have used Local files a lot since ive gotten premium. Most of them work with little or no issues. Recently i added another track to the playlist that i download (Lens V2 ft. Travis Scott) which contains many other songs that are not on spotify but i have on my laptop local files so i can play them. The issue is that this SPECIFIC song doesnt work on my phone playlist but it does work with no issues on my laptop still.

i included 2 images. one from my laptop with the song playing with no issue and one screenshot from my phone where its greyed out and i cannot play it (despite the 2 songs above it also being local files and playable)

Screenshot_20180613-132527.png
Sketch.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

But the page I linked you to says "It doesn’t support .mp4 files that contain video, or the iTunes lossless format (M4A)". Try converting it to mp3 maybe. Just because something plays on one platform doesn't mean it will work on another.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Could it be an issue with DRM or the file format?

But it works on the laptop with no issue. its simply an m4a format which i have used for other songs that do work on my phone already. 

regarding the DRM issue.. its not even on any music platform its a alternate version of a song i doubt its blocked..

Marked as solution

But the page I linked you to says "It doesn’t support .mp4 files that contain video, or the iTunes lossless format (M4A)". Try converting it to mp3 maybe. Just because something plays on one platform doesn't mean it will work on another.

aite fair enough ill just give up on this one ty..

Suggested posts