Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App Won't Sync Local Files Under Any Circumstances

Spotify App Won't Sync Local Files Under Any Circumstances

Hello everyone.

I would like to ask for your help because I don't know what to do about this. I've been sharing a Premium account with my sister for a couple of months now and until now, I never had troubles with the app. But now I really don't know what happened.

I've been importing local files from my PC to the Spotify app on Android since I first got my hands on it and it has always worked. But now, I've been trying to add eight new songs and it won't let me no matter what.

Here is the Android app playing songs normally like it has always been (Picture 1)

But now I try to add other songs and they play fine on the PC app (Picture 2), but they don't sync to my phone. I've tried playing it on PC and then "Continue Playing" on my phone, but it just says "Song Not Available".

I've tried disabling my Firewall but it still doesn't let me. It's not a problem with the encoding of the songs either because they all came from the same website. I then thought that it might have been an issue with my phone's memory and the songs simply didn't fit, but I just added "Melodrama" by Lorde to my playlist and it downloaded just fine.

Please help!

Thank you.

Screenshot_20170701-103352.png
2017-07-01.png
5 Replies

Why don't you take a look at the solutions posted in the existing thread Play "local files" on my mobile device.

Because I have tried them all and none of them have worked.

You only mentioned "firewall" and "storage" in your post. So can you confirm that :

• Your PC and mobile are connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify is running on your PC. (In other words, if your PC is connected by cable to the modem and your mobile is connected via wif to your router, they are not on the same network.}
  • Windows shows your network as "private" and not "public".
  • You haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.

What happened when you connected your PC to your mobile hotspot? Did you see any status messages in spotify?

My PC and Phone are on the same network.

Windows shows my network as "Public".

And I haven't hit the limit.

And no message appeared when my PC connected to my mobile hotspot when I tried that method.

Sigh. As I said, the windows network must be set to "private", not "public". You need to change it.

Suggested posts