Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App makes my phone Frozen/Unresponsive over and over!!!!

Spotify App makes my phone Frozen/Unresponsive over and over!!!!

I don't know if this is a problem for everyone, but its a serious problem for me.

Almost once every few minutes Spotify makes my phone completely freeze! 

It happens only if I skip a part of a song, or move through my tracks to fast. I know its going to freeze when Spotify just continues the track with no music playing, the time just moves with no sound.

Thats when I know that the next time I press my Volume or my power button my phone will not respond after!!

The only way for me to access my phone after this is to take out the battery and wait till Spotify freezes my phone next time!

This actually has been happening for quite a while. I'm not the one to complain about stuff but this finally got to me! 

Phone: Huawei Mercury

Processor: 1.4 Ghz
Operating System: Android Gingerbread (2.3)

7 Replies

Same problem here. Only i am on Android 4.3 So if u posted this in january... then that makes this bug long overdue and needs to be fixed ASAP. i will be chanceling my subscription at next billing. and i wont come back until this have been fixed

Actually, the fact that the last post was in January indicates that this isn't something affecting most android users. If you'd care to post some details (see this template for ideas) we'll try to help.

Alternatively, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

I have the same problem, I cannot state how utterly annoying this is. I have to restart my phone (by removing the battery) everytime I open spotify because my phone freezes up and I can't use the power button to turn the screen back on. I can still hear the message notification sounds when i receive one tough. I stoped using spotify for now because I started missing calls due to this problem.

Galaxy s3 mini GT-I8190
Android 4.1.2

Premium user

Are you using an external SD card?

yes I am, 32GB card. It's where the spotify offline tracks are saved.

In the interests of science, could you try running spotify with its cache in internal storage?

• Remove the external SD card
  • In spotify settings, clear the cache
  • Log back into spotify and play or download some music

See if it behaves any better.

I'm having the same issue also. I think its probally because I have too many playlists????

Suggested posts