Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App prevents phone calls and messaging

Spotify App prevents phone calls and messaging

Plan: Premium

Device: Samsung Note 4 (don't mock me)

Operating System: Android Marshmallow (6.0.1)(EOL 2020)

Service (and I use the term loosely): Verizon 

My Question or Issue:

1. Failures:
    1. Could not make or receive phone calls. Sometime got message "connection problem or invalid mmi code" when trying to make calls.
    2. Spotify App kept crashing Verizon Message+, sometimes notifying me, mostly not.
  2.  Put phone in safe mode, everything worked.
  3. Uninstalled Spotify. Everything worked again.

Would like to have the app. Firm believer in "if it's not broke, don't fix it," so don't want to buy a new phone.

Thoughts? Thanks for your Time!

3 Replies

Hey @TuneMadness

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Just to make sure, does the issue about making or receiving phone calls only happen when you're using the Spotify app?

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

Additionally, could you let us know how much available storage space does your phone have?

On another note, we'd like to know the exact Spotify version of your phone. You can check this by heading over to Settings > About Spotify > Version. 

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I only had Spotify about 10 days.

Playing it safe.

Clean reinstall to Spotify 8.6.98.900

Free Memory:

• SIM: 8 GB (24 used of 32 GB) (Snapshot. Apps restart themselves and move from my SD card to SIM because they suck)
  • SD Card: 100 GB (20 used of 120 GB)

Call and text test successful. Will see if time and app shenanigans affect anything after the reboot + install.

Thanks for getting me this far!

Hi there @TuneMadness

Thanks for your quick reply 🙂

You're welcome! We're glad to know the test was successful. 

Keep us posted if the issue persists.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts