Premium

Country

CH

Device

Huawei P30 Lite

Operating System

EMUI 12

My Question or Issue

Since a few weeks, I am experiencing troubles with the Spotify App on my Android mobile. The app stops playback after a few minutes (maybe ten, sometimes longer, sometimes less). Setup: moble + Bluetooth earbuds (JBL Race) or Sonos Move (both exhibited the described behavior).

I did already research the issue and there seem to be similar cases, but none of the proposed solution worked (I did clear the cache, Data, reboot several times, re-installed, re-installed with making sure its complete removal.)

Any help is greatly appreciated, as this is very annoying to me.

Thanks a lot!

14 Replies

Hi @rz83,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• The exact makes, models and OS/Firmware versions of all your affected devices
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • A video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks, John, for your reply.

I am using Spotify only on my mobile: Huawei P30 lite, MAR-LX1B, EMUI 12.0.0.

The Earbuds are (for instance) the JBL Race TWS (v4.5.0).

Spotify has the version 8.8.4.518.

As I only use Spotify on my Huawei Mobile, I can't say if it device specific or not.

Not sure how to make a video, as the issue happens after random time intervals (sometimes it takes a few minutes, sometimes longer). What do you need to know in terms of behavior to dig into the problem? Perhaps I could try to watch out for specifics the next time(s) it happens.

Thanks a lot, your help is greatly appreciated!

Hi @rz83,

Thanks for the info. As for the video, there's various screen recording apps you can find, have a look around and choose one that fits for you. This is understandably difficult with intermittent issues like this, but if possible, make a recording of the behaviour happening in real time. That can give us a clue as to what might be causing it.

For the time being, do you have any other devices or services connected to Spotify such as Discord? If so, try and disconnect those as they are known to cause intermittent pauses such as what you described. Also, try using Spotify on a different device - different phone, PC, webplayer, etc. and see if the issue continues. That can also help us narrow down the cause.

Hope this clears things up. Keep us posted.

JoanModerator

Ho Joan

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to capture the issue on video.

There are no other services connected. I have a Family Plan, my wife also uses the same account than I do (iphone 😎 and has no problems so far...

Hope this gives insights you can work with!

iPhone S8, that is

Hey @rz83,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

According to the recent info you've included, when you use the same account (same username/email and password) with other users, it's possible that those secondary devices are taking over the playback when the Spotify app is open. 

In this case, we'd recommend making sure everyone on the plan is logging to their own account and not yours. To do so, you can recommend to each user on your plan to log out and log back in, but using their own credentials. This way, everyone will be connected to their own account (in the same Premium plan) avoiding taking over the playback of another device. 

Lastly, if the issue persists after this, we'll be waiting for the recording to give you more processes to try out.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

Hi there

Thanks for the answer. I was busy these days, sorry for my late reply.

I am not sharing my account, it is a Family Plan with separate accounts.

I was trying to record the glitch, no success so far. Last week I was listening a bit more to Spotify over Bluetooth (started running more often), and experienced the crash few times (mostly after perhaps 10/15 minutes or so). I am a bit tired of "hunting" this bug (also, I think you won't see much more than a black screen and then after unlocking you'd see Spotify gone. Not sure if you can deduce a lot from this...). So I probably give up at this point and live with it.

If I happen to "catch" it by chance at some time, I'll let you know.

Cheers

Hey @rz83

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, does this happen only when you're listening through your earbuds and speaker or when you're streaming directly on your phone as well? Also, you mentioned that your wife can't replicate the same behavior, has she tried connecting to the same devices?

On another note, could you log in to your account on a different phone with your account to see if the same happens? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi there

Thanks for picking up the discussion again.

I only experienced it while I was listening over a bluetooth device
connected to my phone. I never listen to music directly from the phone,
always with a bluetooth-link. I have a SONOS system, which streams
directly, without any issues. My wife never used my earbuds, with the
bluetoot speaker she never had issues, but its used rarely in that setup.

I don't have a different phone to test unfortunately.

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Hi @rz83 

Thanks for the reply. Can you please exclude Spotify from any battery or cache optimization apps you may have? Most phones have such functionality built in too. If necessary, try deactivating these altogether and see if the issue still happens.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator

Hi Joan

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I already did that (after some initial research, it was one of my first
attempt), but without joy.

Regards

Hey @rz83,

Thank you for your reply. 

Could you please let us know what happens if you use your earphones for a longer time with a different app? Are they still pausing? 

We'll be on the lookout for your update.

LyubkaModerator

hey there

this is a situation that happens very rarely, I don't use them with my
smartphone any other way than with Spotify. With my running watch as source
(Bluetooth) they work without any problems, also for longer periods.

regards

Hi there @rz83

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone and check if they can replicate this with their account? This will help us determine if the issue is account-related. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts