Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect: PC <=> Onkyo OK, PC <=> Andoid Phone OK, Onkyo <=> Android Phone Not OK

Solved!

Spotify Connect: PC <=> Onkyo OK, PC <=> Andoid Phone OK, Onkyo <=> Android Phone Not OK

I have a Problem with Spotify Connect when using my Android Phone (Version 2.9.0.890) and my Onkyo TX-NR535 (FW Version 1081-0110-0000).

It works like a charm between my Onkyo and my PC (Version 1.0.6.80.g2a801a53) but not between the Onkyo and the Phone.

My Phone displays the Onkyo Receiver and when playing on the Onkyo, some commands (e.g. next track) make it to the receiver from the phone. But the phone seems to be completetly out of synch with the receiver, displaying the wrong track (actually always displaying the same track) and displaying the wrong position in the track - even non existing positions (see attached image).

screenshot.png

In this case the Onkyo was playing a completely different song. The next track button works - the Onkyo will play the next track. But the Phone will not display what track is played, and not display the correct position in the track.

It's as though the Onkyo receives commands from the phone, but the phone doesn't receive any status from the receiver.

When playing on the PC, the Phone displays everything correctly and the connect feature works as expected - so no general problem on the Phone - just between Onkyo and Phone.

Any ideas how to solve that problem?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After many hours of playing around I found the solution:

The problem is with local files that are in my playlists on my PC. These local files are also synchronized to my android phone. When playing these playlists or single songs from these Playlists, no playback information is correctly transferred from the Onkyo receiver to the android phone. When using the radio function or playing playlists that do not contain any local files, everything works fine.

The solution for me was to remove all local files from the playlists to be able to play all other songs on the Onkyo receiver using the android phone as remote.

To me that seems to be a bug in the Spotify android app: While the Desktop app (Windows) has no problems with playlists that contain local files when using Spotify Connect with an Onkyo Receiver, the Android App does have problems.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

After many hours of playing around I found the solution:

The problem is with local files that are in my playlists on my PC. These local files are also synchronized to my android phone. When playing these playlists or single songs from these Playlists, no playback information is correctly transferred from the Onkyo receiver to the android phone. When using the radio function or playing playlists that do not contain any local files, everything works fine.

The solution for me was to remove all local files from the playlists to be able to play all other songs on the Onkyo receiver using the android phone as remote.

To me that seems to be a bug in the Spotify android app: While the Desktop app (Windows) has no problems with playlists that contain local files when using Spotify Connect with an Onkyo Receiver, the Android App does have problems.

Suggested posts