Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect & Yamaha Reciever problems - See the device but cannot connect.

Solved!

Spotify Connect & Yamaha Reciever problems - See the device but cannot connect.

I have a Yamaha RX-V577 reciever with Spotify Connect and update to the last firmware.
When I try to connect spotify using the Android APP, I see the device but cannot conect to it.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

1. I star a song

2. Click on the speaker sign with a circle, and click on the receptor (Yahama device).

3. The grey rounder speaker sign goes from grey to green and the sound waves moves (like tryng to connect).

4. After a while it goes back to grey.

IMPORTANT I dont know how sometimes it works, dunno how but after trying alot yesterday It worked. But cannot reproduce it.

126 Replies

Tried three times in a row now and seems that isn't happening.

Didnt see if you updated the app, you did?

I will test more over this days and post if is trully full fix.

Just to confirm, is anyone else still having trouble with this? If not we'll go ahead and close this thread. Thanks everyone!

For me all solved, working correctly.

Dunno what message to mark as solution, no one told us what was the fix! XD

Thanks for all.

Occasional hiccups still occur, had a couple of those during last 3 weeks but it got much better comparing to what it used to be.

Hello, what is the solution? I still have this issue?

I have this issue, when i change spotify password.

I've got this Issue with my Samsung Galaxy S2 and a Yamaha RX-V477. Under the Devicename i can also read Available in Network. Does anyone have a solution already?

There is similar discussion under below topic related to the same issue but unfortunatly no solution yet.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/Getting-Access-Error-when-playing-Spotif...

I have the same issue, but on a Stream Magic 6V2 (Cambridge audio). I have had it working for a while and then it just stopped.

I'me using Samsung Galaxy S2 or Galaxy Tab2, both can not connect anymore.

Same things happen as described in other posts:

- speaker symbol (when playing a song on my mobile) turns green after selecting the SM6 briefly but then turns gray again

- SM6 is visible in the device list with the note "available in the network"

But after selecting it nothing happens. There is a short period during which it seems that a connection is tried to be set up.

I would really like to see a solution to this.

So this issue is now back with full force. I didn't change anything, I didn't change anything before it started working again and before it stopped working again.

Right now I have to say that the app in it's current state is just a mess. It is slow, unresponsive, often hangs my whole phone and makes it unresponsive, search doesn't work etc. - it's a horrible experience.

@Sephirio wrote:

So this issue is now back with full force. I didn't change anything, I didn't change anything before it started working again and before it stopped working again.

Right now I have to say that the app in it's current state is just a mess. It is slow, unresponsive, often hangs my whole phone and makes it unresponsive, search doesn't work etc. - it's a horrible experience.

You could maybe try reverting to an older apk that you know was working until Spotify release an update. You can find links in my sig.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Have the same problem on Argon Stream 2 with newest firmware. My Phone is a Sony Z3 with android 5.0.2 and Spotify 2.5.0.942.

When trying to connect the speaker icon turns green and the sounwaves moves for a few secounds before turning gray again.

I have found that I am able to connect by doing the following: start playing one of the following albums: Foo Fighters, Wasting Light; Røyksopp, Melody AM; Sivert Høyem, Moonlanding. If I then try to connect, everything workes just fine. I can switch between these three albums with no problems. If I add songs from other albums to the playback queue, they also play just fine. But if I try to switch to another album than the three mentioned, the playback freeze, and the connection is lost!

The plot thickens... It tirns out that of I try to play an album that I have saved (not downloaded), the playback stoppes, and connection is lost. However, if I search for the same album an start playing it from there, everything works! What is wrong here??

I have now tested with my wifes Phone (Sony Z3 compact), and find the same things there!

Is it the Stream 2 or is it our Spotify profiles??

So was this issue ever rectified?? Cos I have a Yamaha Rx v577 amp with and iPhone 6, an iPad Air, and a MacBook Pro, tried to use these devices on it and still have the same issues as every one else, it's just getting worst that I don't even bothered using it any more.
But I'll really like to have my wireless functionality back.

I have the same problem.

iPhone6 and Yamaha RX-475. It's an intermitent issue. Initially I thought it was a problem with the receiver but it seems to be a problem with Spotify as lot more people are having the same issue.

The problem is happening right now. Had to use airplay to stream it to mg receiver.

Wondering if Spotify is listening.

Have the same issue with the rx-v675. Couple of days ago was working perfectly (since I installed) until accepted the last update on the smartphone from the play store, now not working. Did install the previous apk..... same issue, dissapointing. Wondering is someone saw similar problem after update and if spotify is doing something. 

Huawei p7

Yamaha device rx-v675

The same thing happened to me - suddently spotify on my Yamana RX-V477 stopped working. From the Spotify app on my iPhone I can see my received on network, but sometimes it just disappears. On the received I can see showing the name of song or just "Spotify", but music is not playing. 

The only thing which changed - I noticed that spotify on my phone has recently updated. 

Community Managers,

I am currently experiencing similar issues. I cannot connect my reciever using Spotify Connect even though it is an advertised working unit (both from Sony and on the spotify site).

1. Your device: Nexus 5 / Mac OSX

2. Device's operating system: Android / OSX 10.10.3

3. Spotify app version (Nexus)2.9.0.890 / (Mac)1.0.6.80.g2a801a53

4. Reciever: Sony STR DN1050 (Software version s999602.1322.0

I have contacted Sony in order to try and troubleshoot this and this has been escalated to an engineer and I am awaiting a call back. I really hope this can be rectified!

1. iPhone 5S

2. iOS 8.3

3. 3.2.0.1554

4. Yamaha RX-V675

I used to work when I first signed up for the 1 week trial of Spotfy. Now that I've signed up for Premium, all it does is start to play a track(never actually getting to play the audio, just shows the track on the front of the receiver) & then stops progressing. The main reason I signed up for Premium, was to utilize the connect feature with me receiver.

The info I have included above is for my main phone but I also have:

1. iPad Mini with Retina 

2. iOS 8.3

1. iPhone 4S

2. iOS 8.3

Both of these additional devices fail as well. Please assist ASAP.

I have the same issue with my Yamaha RXV477 on my Android lollipop 5.1.1. The app detects my yamaha receiver and when i click on it the screen shows that its connecting but after a minute or so it quits and goes back to spotify connect available screen. I am able to connect from my Android app to my PC though. And on my ipad 2 my yamaha receiver does not even show up on the list of devices. Though all these devices are on the same wifi network. These has been driving me nuts for a while and i am even considering cancelling my premium subscription if it doesn't get resolved.

Suggested posts