Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect cannot find vizio tv app to control

Spotify Connect cannot find vizio tv app to control

I want to be able to use my android phone spotify app with the spotify connect and control my vizio tv spotify app.  No devices are shown on android spotify connect.  Is this possible?  how do i get my tv connection selected?  The tv is connected to home network on ethernet connection.  Andoid phone is on home wireless.  Thanks in advance.

8 Replies

Hi. Unfortunately your tv is not connect compatible so this functionality will not work.

You can see a list of connect partners here: https://www.spotify.com/connect/

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

We get that Daniel, that is why we are requesting it...

Will we get that option ? thank you!

Hi @Underkay 

Have you checked to see if that Idea already exists in the Ideas section? If it does then add your Kudos to show your support. If not, create a new idea and if it gets enough Kudos it may well happen!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

@killerchop it's been over a little over a year since you posted this and Spotify still does not have it to where Vizio TVs are compatible and honestly I doubt they will which kinda sucks ass because I want to connect it with my Galaxy s5. I'd like to be able to do so because I want to blast my Spotify music on my TV instead of my phone. Spotify, if you could jump on that then that'd be great. ;-;

This is a huge problem. I have a 4k Vizio tv that works great but the limited functionality of Spotify on it makes for a very frustrating experience. Either let me play a radio from my tv Spotify app or let me connect my phone to it.

I agree. The spotify app for vizio is kind of janky. It's a pretty simple implication.

So I was able to use connect to control my vizio TV from my Android a few months ago, but now I can't get it to work to save my life. Is it not compatible any more? Makes no sense.

Suggested posts