Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect issues on Samsung S9 Plus (laggy response and stuttering playback)

Spotify Connect issues on Samsung S9 Plus (laggy response and stuttering playback)

Plan Premium

Country Australia

Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

Operating System Android 8

I am having issues with Spotify on my Samsung S9 when using spotify connect to my Yamaha RX-v581 receiver (wifi).

The spotify app becomes really unresponsive (can take 10 - 20 seconds to accept volume up/down, skip track, etc..) and playback of music to the Yamaha skips and stutters badly (but not constantly).

The Yamaha is stuck on 2.4Ghz WiFi and I have tried my phone on the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz but it doesn't make a difference. If I use Bluetooth instead, everything is fine.

All of the stuff I am playing back is downloaded for offline use and stored in the devices memory (no SD card).

Power management is disabled on my Samsung phone and I made an exclusion for Spotify to let is use as much power as it wants, but this doesn't seem to have helped.

My previous phone (which I just sold) was a Moto G5S Plus. It could run Spotify connect to the receiver over WiFi with no issues.

Hoping someone can help!

Thanks

0 Replies

Suggested posts