Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Crashes on Google Nest Hub 2nd Gen

Spotify Crashes on Google Nest Hub 2nd Gen

Plan

Premium (Family)

Country

UK

Device

Google Nest Hub 2nd Gen

My Question or Issue

My Spotify Premium (Family) account won't play on my Nest Hub 2. The app seems to try to open (plays the opening sound and "Spotify" flashes on the screen) but then I just get a black screen until eventually the home screen loads again. The same thing happens when I try to cast from the Spotify app or from the google home app on my mobile or play directly from the Hub using voice commands.

Interestingly, if I use the voice command "open Spotify", my playlists are visible on the display but when I try to play one of them the above happens. I have also tried using a different Spotify account and experience the same problem.

To try to resolve the issue I have:

• rebooted the hub
  • removed and re-linked my Spotify premium account
  • reset the hub and then re-linked my accounts

Other apps play music fine, eg BBC Sounds

Any ideas on how to fix this for Spotify?

6 Replies

Hi there @stewievslois,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

It’s worth running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your devices by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

Then, try unlinking your Spotify and Google Home accounts, restarting your smart speakers, restarting your router, and linking your accounts again by following the steps in this article.

Lastly, make sure that Spotify is set as the default music app.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks Jeremy.

The Google Nest Hubs don't have apps like a normal Android device, you don't choose to install them so it's not possible to manually uninstall and reinstall as you are advising. 

I have unlinked and relinked all accounts, restarted my smart speaker and router and can confirm Spotify is set to the default music service, unfortunately the issue persists.

I have spoken to Google support who also advised I do all the steps you are suggesting - which I did. Google support have asked me to ask if Spotify are having issues with the Google integration for them to isolate the problem. 

Hi @stewievslois,

Thank you for your reply!

To continue, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? 

If possible, could you also try using a different network to connect your Nest Hub and see if that makes a difference? You could also create a hotspot on your phone and use that network.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i am have the same issues across all my google home devices ( lenovo smart clock, nest and mini)

they all have the same bug of stopping after 10 or so seconds or not playing at all or sometimes will work for a time before freezing and being stuck on the loading symbol. i can stream from my phone to smart speakers but if i use voice control on speaker it reverts to above problems. 

Hey @tarrod,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting you've tried so far? This'll help us avoid repeating steps.

In addition, it'd be great if you could let us know your phone's make, model, OS version and the exact Spotify version you're currently running. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

having the same issue, was it ever resolved?

Suggested posts