Free/Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

Xiomi Redmi 9C

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I am using Spotify Lite and it has been working fine until a few weeks ago.

First the problem was, my albums/playlists show the green arrow for download, but when I open the list, no downloads showed next to the tracks and I could not play them.

Now, the issue is that the green download arrow shows next to the individual tracks (and the download progress bar shows the download happens) but when I want to play the music - EVEN WHEN CONNECTED to wifi, nothing happens - the track bounces up and down when I click on it, same with the "shuffle play" button, but the app REFUSES to play those songs. It will only play music that has not been downloaded.

Deleted downloads and redownloaded, deleted cache, I have reinstalled the app, and I log out and back in - when I do that - THE DOWNLOADS DISAPPEAR.

I have also given the app permission to use storage, and I have changed the location from local to my disc.

This is very frustrating because I cannot play my favorite songs (because they are downloaded) and I can only listen to other music when on wifi - not when I am driving in my kar!

Your assistance will be much appreciated since I will be driving far today and would like to listen to music 🙂

1 Reply

Hi @CW-Abbott,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! Sorry we couldn't reply yesterday, we just came by this post.

It's often overlooked, but could you try restarting your device? That did the trick for me personally when I ran into an issue with my downloads.

If that doesn't work, try downloading the regular Spotify app to see if you're able to play your downloads without issues there.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts